Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English Premiership / SPL Football

Default English Premiership / SPL Football

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the Scottish / English football matches are available over in nz and at what cost?
    Gary

Hi

My OH is scottish and have been looking into this form him (not sure why as then I will never get away from football!!!). I can't answer how much is avalible on sky sports but I have found that you can get Setanta sports in NZ (I think via Australia) but you have to buy a satellite dish seperate from Sky and pay a monthly subscription here is a link for one of the companies I found there are others I have since found also

http://www.totalconnections.co.nz/page.php?id=25

I sent them and e-mail asking about cost, and if you need additonal dish on top of SKY dish and if they install in taranaki (as we are also moving there) and they replied:

"Hi Anne,

Yes you need another satellite dish to receive signal from satellite Optus D2 ( Setanta Sports) as long as you use existing dish for SKY reception.
    However, as long as you dont have SKY ( dont use existing dish for sky) you can use that existing dish ( needs to be re-aligned to the correct satellite) to receive setanta sports.

Costs:

Option 1

You need a third dish ( because you use the existing one for SKY) : Full satellite system $ 519.00 (supplied and installed) + card and subscription fee ( $ 14.95 a month)

Option 2

You don't need a third dish ( because you dont have sky and you will use existing dish for setanta) : Receiver only $ 349 (supplied and installed) + card and subscription fee ($ 14.95 a month)

Yes we cover NZ wide."

That's great news about setanta! Will need to invest in that system when we move.

Another option if you have decent broadband is www.justin.tv it shows most live football over the web. Quality can be a bit iffy sometimes but it's free

Smile

But surely one of the reasons for moving to NZ is to get away from association football and instead watch the, far superior, rugby football?

Quote Originally Posted by James 1077 View Post
    But surely one of the reasons for moving to NZ is to get away from association football and instead watch the, far superior, rugby football?
    I was surprised just how unpopular football was when we were on our recce visit. Celtic have a kiwi player called Chris Killen and no one i spoke to had heard of him!

Quote Originally Posted by James 1077 View Post
    I'm with you - but then I am a kiwi , but as much as OH can't wait to move if it meant the end of football watching I'm not sure how he'd cope!!

Quote Originally Posted by steviebhoy View Post
    I was surprised just how unpopular football was when we were on our recce visit. Celtic have a kiwi player called Chris Killen and no one i spoke to had heard of him!
    Its mainly because football is a girls sport, and a minority one at that. Kids may play it but only until they are able to persuade their parents that a few bumps and bruises are perfectly acceptable!

I never got into football throughout school in the UK - Kiwi parents didn't want me to grow up as a "softy" so threw me into rugby from the age of 6!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijock View Post
    Hi

I have found that you can get Setanta sports in NZ (I think via Australia) but you have to buy a satellite dish seperate from Sky and pay a monthly subscription here is a link for one of the companies I found there are others I have since found also

http://www.totalconnections.co.nz/page.php?id=25

I sent them and e-mail asking about cost, and if you need additonal dish on top of SKY dish and if they install in taranaki (as we are also moving there) and they replied:

"Hi Anne,

Yes you need another satellite dish to receive signal from satellite Optus D2 ( Setanta Sports) as long as you use existing dish for SKY reception.
    However, as long as you dont have SKY ( dont use existing dish for sky) you can use that existing dish ( needs to be re-aligned to the correct satellite) to receive setanta sports.

Costs:

Option 1

You need a third dish ( because you use the existing one for SKY) : Full satellite system $ 519.00 (supplied and installed) + card and subscription fee ( $ 14.95 a month)

Option 2

You don't need a third dish ( because you dont have sky and you will use existing dish for setanta) : Receiver only $ 349 (supplied and installed) + card and subscription fee ($ 14.95 a month)

Yes we cover NZ wide."

Thats good news about setanta. I do satellite installs in the UK so will be bringing my meter over with me to hook myself up. If we end up in the same area i'm sure i could do you's a turn too. (as long as your OH supports rangers!!) lol just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheSpark View Post
    Thats good news about setanta. I do satellite installs in the UK so will be bringing my meter over with me to hook myself up. If we end up in the same area i'm sure i could do you's a turn too. (as long as your OH supports rangers!!) lol just kidding
    It's OH now

Yes of course Rangers supporter, be good to have another bear in taranaki, The pub we mentioned in your welcome thread when we went in landlord was also wearing a rangers shirt and sell tennants lager.

Would be great to meet up if you do settle in New Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijock View Post
    It's OH now

Yes of course Rangers supporter, be good to have another bear in taranaki, The pub we mentioned in your welcome thread when we went in landlord was also wearing a rangers shirt and sell tennants lager.

Would be great to meet up if you do settle in New Plymouth.

If i'd known that i'd never have given that link !!!!

only kidding (well a bit!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast