Thread: Emirates sale

Smile Emirates sale

Just received email from Emirates

It's Emirates' fifth anniversary in New Zealand and we're celebrating with great reductions on fares to 49 destinations worldwide, departing from Auckland and Christchurch.

Since you are interested in hearing about our special offers, we thought it was a good idea to showcase some of our most popular destinations. Hurry as the sale ends 7th August.
    Destinations Fares Destinations Fares
    Auckland to Sydney $502* Auckland to Heathrow $2,626*
    Auckland to Brisbane $517* Auckland to Johannesburg $2,561*
    Auckland to Melbourne $531* Christchurch to Sydney $457*
    Auckland to Bangkok $1,477* Christchurch to Dubai $2,433*
    Auckland to Mumbai $2,281* Christchurch to Heathrow $2,600*
    Thought might be someone will be interesting in this?

is there a promotion code to use to get these prices?

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    is there a promotion code to use to get these prices?
    None I know! I have just re-read my email, nothing mention code..here is link to special offer..

http://www.emirates.com/nz/English/d...ial_fares.aspx

Only downside is limit choice of dates....bit like grabaseat isn't?

I always feel like I'm going miss out with these kind of sales. But we have to fly back to Brisbane in december for a family holiday, so it looks like I might be able to get a cheap flight to get back and only have to pay ridiculous prices on the return leg.
    btw...does anybody know what sort of inflight entertainment air NZ has for Hamilton-Brisbane flights or Auckland-Brisbane flights? with 2 little kids it would be nice to have multiple options for distractions.

Their fares get even lower sometimes, too My round trip Auckland-Sydney on Emirates in July cost $432 all up. LAN and Aerolineas Argentinas offer $400-$500 return fares on the route too.

Quote Originally Posted by melly View Post
    I always feel like I'm going miss out with these kind of sales. But we have to fly back to Brisbane in december for a family holiday, so it looks like I might be able to get a cheap flight to get back and only have to pay ridiculous prices on the return leg.
    btw...does anybody know what sort of inflight entertainment air NZ has for Hamilton-Brisbane flights or Auckland-Brisbane flights? with 2 little kids it would be nice to have multiple options for distractions.
    Hiya Melly,

At the moment, the Air NZ flights from Hamilton to Brisbane are operated by Aibuses that don't have individual inflight entertainment...however the planes are starting to be refurbished this month until December I guess from then it will be touch and go if you do get one of the newer planes if you travel in December.

There's usually one flight a day out of Auckland, which is operated by a Boeing 777 or 747, and those will have the individual Tvs in them.

Check out the website for more info:

http://www.changingthewayyoufly.co.nz/

Jen

Got some of the cheap seats for the kids and I to fly back to Brissie in December!!!! unfortunately hubby can't get holidays until after the promotion finishes so he'll have to fly by himself.