Thread: Birth certificate

Default Birth certificate

I am applying for a residence visa based on partnership with NZ citizen. The website said we need to submit "Birth certificates (full length unabridged for everyone on the application)". Does this mean I need to submit a certificate for my husband as well?

Thanks
    -Una

Yes. If you haven't already got them and either of you were born in the UK you can get them here
    I paid £10 each for ours back in January and they took about 6 weeks.
    Last edited by Hippywench; 6th August 2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: realised the OP might not be British!

We've just been approved in principle through partnership and from memory yes we both submitted full birth certificates,

However if it is about proving he is NZ citizen a NZ passport may be enough (sorry can't find my form at the minute to check)

the reason I say this is there is one question on the form that it took me a while to understand about who is included in the application form, but in the end we read it as the person who is NZ citizen isn't included in the application as they are the sponsor, so in reading what you wrote your partner perhaps isn't considered in the application - hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijock View Post

However if it is about proving he is NZ citizen a NZ passport may be enough (sorry can't find my form at the minute to check)
    Yes, this is right.

unar, your husband has to provide evidence that he is a New Zealand Citizen by providing a certified true copy of one of the following:

• a valid New Zealand passport, or a certificate of New Zealand citizenship, or
    • a recent official statement of citizenship from the Department of Internal Affairs, or
    • a New Zealand birth certificate.

When I applied, we supplied a certified copy of my husband's passport only.

Kiwijock, that is what I thought. I am the person applying, he is the person sponsoring... so confusing. Will see, even if we don't get his certificate in time, I will submit the application anyway. Can't believe I screw this up, for some reason I thought the birth certificate thing is only for any kids that might be included in the application. Silly me!

-Una

JoJo, that is good to know. Thanks so much. something else is going to go wrong now I bet

-Una

Ah, just another thing with the birth certificates.. my wife and I had our originals from many moons ago, ready to be sent in the ITA.

However, on closer inspection, we had to get reissued certificates showing our parent's names as our originals didn't have them on.

Thanks. Have to go home to make sure my Chinese birth certificate is OK. If it is not, I don't know what to do. I was born in a small town in China in the 70s, but moved to Beijing when I was still a baby, now I have a US passport. How complicated can you get!

-Una