Thread: MAF inspection fees

Default MAF inspection fees

Hi all

I'm sure this has been covered before but MAF is too short for the search facility to find (as is cat,my other current preoccupation).

We've just received our shipping and were charged $145 for 'Biosecurity risk screening, clearance, autorised MAF unloading and exams, if required'.

None of our boxes had been opened and it's not clear if MAF charge in this situation from their website. The website does say the charge $100 an hour for all services including clearing paperwork. But I doubt it took one and a half hours to clear our 12 boxes...

Anyone any experince of this?

Julie

I don't think it is anything but a tax on immigrants. It serves little or no purpose whether they inspect it or not so you might as well just pay it and move on...

There is a clearance certificate of some kind that costs, this is usually in with your shipping quote though, you may need to check your paperwork.

Who is asking for the money MAF or your shipping company?

Must say (imo) MAF aren't up to much, charged us for cleaning things I know for a fact they didn't clean & we didn't even have but that's another story & to be honest if I were you I would pay & move on if you have other things to worry about

Good luck with it all