Thread: New Years Eve in Auckland!!!??

Default New Years Eve in Auckland!!!??

Ok so we have the parents here over christmas and new year and we are wondering if anyone knows of any good parties in bars or things to do on New years eve in Auckland.

We are thinking about eating up the skytower...but then what?? We dont mind staying in a hotel for the night but we need something to do or somewhere to go after the meal until after the new year comes in.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

So it would appear we have the forum members stumped !!?? ha ha. Is this a forum first??

Many Aucklanders are away for out of town during New Year's eve.
    My parents and sisters' family came visit me right on the new years' eve and we pretty much spent time talking n chatting with one another and have our own dinner at our place, and just watched the fireworks shot from the skytower.
    It doesn't sound very flashy new year celebration, but all of them were so happy just the fact we all can be together.
    So I would assume, dinner at skytower would be nice, and maybe try to plan a little trip out of Auckland on the 1st. Maybe drive around Western beaches...Piha and so on.
    Maybe Waiheke...

Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    Many Aucklanders are away for out of town during New Year's eve.
    My parents and sisters' family came visit me right on the new years' eve and we pretty much spent time talking n chatting with one another and have our own dinner at our place, and just watched the fireworks shot from the skytower.
    It doesn't sound very flashy new year celebration, but all of them were so happy just the fact we all can be together.
    So I would assume, dinner at skytower would be nice, and maybe try to plan a little trip out of Auckland on the 1st. Maybe drive around Western beaches...Piha and so on.
    Maybe Waiheke...
    thanks. We considered the meal in and sat around chatting but we are likely to do that on christmas eve or christmas night so we were hopping to do something different.

I have heard that there is usually something going on in aotea square. If anyone hears anything please share it with us

thanks

When I used to come over to NZ to see family around New Year's time most people we knew (including our family) would normally head off to the beaches / their bach for New Year's eve and have a BBQ there.

Nothing fancy or over the top.

Personally I can't stand New Year's so my perfect New Year's eve is one in which I'm in bed by 8pm; although this year we'll have family around so I think the plan is currently to head to Taupo / Picton for a few days by the lake / sea.

Quote Originally Posted by James 1077 View Post
    When I used to come over to NZ to see family around New Year's time most people we knew (including our family) would normally head off to the beaches / their bach for New Year's eve and have a BBQ there.

Nothing fancy or over the top.

Personally I can't stand New Year's so my perfect New Year's eve is one in which I'm in bed by 8pm; although this year we'll have family around so I think the plan is currently to head to Taupo / Picton for a few days by the lake / sea.
    I think we would head off somewhere too but we have already planned and booked trips for the time my parents are here and we are definetly at home in auckland over New year

We didnt do anything last year but would really like to make an effort this year