Thread: Sending mail for job vacancies

Default Sending mail for job vacancies

Hi, recently I have sent mails from The Netherlands to several companies and work recruit agencies in NZ to inquiries about jobs they have. Complete with C.V and other relevant information. But the response is very small. Only one agency took the effort to answer my mail.

Is this a typical Kiwi habit, not answering mail? My mails are always very correct and polite. And the mails are not filtered by my spam filter.

rgds,
    Peter

Hi Peter

Yes, it is fairly common practice not to answer emails that are sent cold. I think you might have more success if you contact the agencies by phone and then whilst you are talking to them, email your cv so that you have already 'broken the ice' and introduced yourself and can then back up what you say with your cv.

Good luck.

Depends on the agencies and work area too, you may just be hitting the ten-a-penny charlatans.

TBH never had a brilliant experience with Agencies - you are better off hitting Seek adverts that go straight to the employer.

Hi

You are just about to go up that very steep learning curve - get rid of your overorganised and efficient Dutch way of dealing with things: sit back and relax!! No worries, mate.

Unless your skills are in extremely high demand, do not expect any reaction from recruitment agencies on e-mails from overseas. That's just the way it is; it has nothing to do with politeness or anything.

Good luck,
    Anita