Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Licorice

Default Licorice

Well there I was, after an attack of the munchies, chomping on RJ very soft licorice and I got to wondering whether NZ have similar soft stuff when I looked on the back of the packet to find out it comes form NZ in the first place
    Am hoping that if they can send it all the way to the UK that they will keep a few bags in NZ as well?

RJ soft licorice made in Levin

Somewhere in the depths of my mind I thought licorice is quite big in NZ and OH has just confirmed it!! He doesn't eat it much over here but gets a bit nostalgic about what he used to eat 'back home'!! He's just rattled off a few brands (and he hasn't lived there for years). So unless things have changed I'm sure there'll be some for you over there.

You can get the soft eating Licorice in several different flavours....the same stuff they import and sell in Lakeland in UK. I was going to post a link, but the Lakeland website has removed the pictures of the packaging. You can even get really huge bags of the stuff.

The factory is indeed in Levin (about 100k north of Wellington) and they export the stuff to the UK and US. Have a look at their website for their list of products. It's sold pretty much everywhere around here.

Now that's something else to look forward to
    Thanks for the info everyone

Have you tried the RJ's Chocolate Logs?
    A thin cylinder of chocolate wrapped in licorice. There are three flavours: chocolate with regular black licorice, chocolate with rasberry licorice and my favourite - white chocolate with strawberry licorice. Yum.
    http://rjslicorice.co.nz/RJs_Single_Logs_12.aspx

Hhmm liquorice. We have a woman that comes around at work, usually about every 3 months, with liquorice in "all sorts" of flavours. . You can get it in big sheets, mixed flavour, one flavour. Mouth watering at the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon&Candy View Post
    Have you tried the RJ's Chocolate Logs?
    A thin cylinder of chocolate wrapped in licorice. There are three flavours: chocolate with regular black licorice, chocolate with rasberry licorice and my favourite - white chocolate with strawberry licorice. Yum.
    http://rjslicorice.co.nz/RJs_Single_Logs_12.aspx
    Not seen these around the shops (haven't really been looking though), so please tell me where you can buy them from, thanks?

Ian

apart from the very soft variety my favourite 'flavour' is mint...mmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Not seen these around the shops (haven't really been looking though), so please tell me where you can buy them from, thanks?

Ian
    You can get them almost anywhere - supermarkets in the confectionary aisle, dairies, the Warehouse... if you're greedy like me you can also buy them in multi-packs of three!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast