Thread: do I need a singapore visa for a 2 day stop over

Default do I need a singapore visa for a 2 day stop over

Hi Guys

Abit more research required please .

Do I need a visa to do a stop over in Singapore for 2 days ?

Or do I just fill in form on plane before we land ?

thanks

I went to Singapore on my honeymoon (along with a few other places), stayed for 3 nights and had no visa (coming from the UK). HTH.

We stopped in Singapore for 3 nights (1 month Ago) No need for a visa, just a form to fill in on the plane. ( Loved Singapore!)

Thanks guys

Just started to panic - something I forgot about

Any places to go with jetlaged kids in Singapore ?

If you fly with Singapore Airlines and take advantage of their 'stopover' package, you'll get a whole bunch of vouchers for either free or reduced entry to loads of stuff.

The zoo is very good indeed, although I would suggest you go around on the golfcart train just to get your bearings first, before deciding where to go!

There is also a night safari, however age of kids and state of fatigue will determine if this is a success.

Try the boat ride down the river.

We also enjoyed the free tour of the city on the SIA hop on / hop off bus. Be warned that you may get kicked off at the Botanical gardens for a 15 minute stop!

Orchard road shops are overwhelming.... just too much stuff compared to the NZ retail experience.

The other option is just to relax / sleep / and swim in your hotel's pool. Then take the kids to 'Singaporeland', which is actually terminal 3 of Changi airport. It's got everything you need and more....

Depending on the ages of the children (mine are 7 &4) we went on a trip to Santosa Island we took the underground train there< and signed up for an organised tour< it was a great day out. The thing that the eldest enjoyed the most though was the night safari, and playing in the hotel pool. It was great to cool down though. very very humid.

Generally speaking, tourists to Singapore who do not require visas for entry may be given up to 30 days social visit passes upon arrival.

Anyway, Singapore would be an excellent place to stopover from Europe for a short while. The previous posters all mentioned excellent sites to visit, ie. Sentosa, the zoo, Night Safari. Also try out the Bird Park if you are into nature.

If you are into heritage, may I suggest a walk around Chinatown, Little India at Serangoon and Geylang Serai for Malay culture.

Not really sure what jetlag-ged kids need to wake up from their slumber, but East Coast Park and Sentosa are good places to run around, ride a bike or go canoeing.

I still haven't found anywhere that beats the shopping experience in Orchard Road. :-P

Singapore is quite a fascinating place to be in, as it's very cosmopolitan and prides itself as such. But do be prepared, as it can get very humid around here. A short walk can really start the beads of perspiration coming, so do come with the appropriate clothes.

If you can afford it, and if it's your first time in Asia, do consider spending more than 2 days here.

The top things to do in Singapore - eat, shop and go to the Night Safari. I have no idea why Sentosa island is such a hit but it seems to be on the agenda of every tourist package.

When I mean eat, I MEAN EAT. Singapore's fabulous! Just go to any hawker centre (please do not get conned by eating local favourites in hotels) to sample what we have to offer - everything from Indian, Malay, Chinese to local delights like laksa, rojak and char kway teow. Each dish is about $2.50 on average.

Missing the food in Singapore is going to be the HARDEST for me when I move to NZ!

thanks so much for all your tips we are looking forward to it