Thread: Which bank will gives me Cards straight away?

Default Which bank will gives me Cards straight away?

Hello All

I am with Kiwibank but they have lost cards in the post and the wait is beginning to really annoy me as its been 3 weeks with an EFTPOS Card.

Can I walk into Westpac, ASB etc and sign up and get cards on the same day?

Cheers

Andy

We phoned up to make an appointment to open an account, and appointment next day were cards waiting for us and all the paperwork ready to sign....very easy and quick. Bank was Westpac.
    Last edited by Familyofmonkeys; 21st August 2008 at 08:47 PM.

Not sure how useful this will be but when I opened my ASB account years ago and I got my card there and then. It was only a savings account though. However, since then on various visits to NZ I've had to change my name on the account after getting married and then last time I went in and told them I was moving there eventually and they turned my savings account into an online savings account and opened me a cheque account and my original card still works. They've always been really helpful to me and nothing has been too much trouble even when I was just visiting NZ.

When I say years ago - was about 8/9 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
    Hello All

I am with Kiwibank but they have lost cards in the post and the wait is beginning to really annoy me as its been 3 weeks with an EFTPOS Card.

Can I walk into Westpac, ASB etc and sign up and get cards on the same day?

Cheers

Andy
    Certainly with ASB. I would walk into Kiwibank and try to get them to issue one on the spot, and cancel those they lost in the post.

Westpac have standard Eftpod cards in stock as they do not have your name and details on. Their Debit plus Visa card does take a few days to be issued.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilw71 View Post
    Westpac have standard Eftpod cards in stock as they do not have your name and details on. Their Debit plus Visa card does take a few days to be issued.

Neil
    Same with ASB for EFTPOS, they have blank cards that they just encode the PIN and account details onto whilst you wait (your choice of PIN of course).

Ian

Both with ASB and BNZ we've walked in and got cards then and there very impressed considering the time it took Barclays to give us cards in the UK

Definitely cancel both cards from Kiwibank if they've been a long time coming and they've gone missing in the post. You could walk in to any Post Office and see if you could get the cards straight away with KiwiBank instead.

thanks for the advice everyone! Kiwibank on the south island does not issue on the spot. However in 1 lunch hour I managed to open an account with Westpac and ANZ and got Cards straight away!. I think I will be transferring my main banking to ANZ but keep some cash in Kiwibank and Westpac.