Thread: Auckland hotel accomodation ?

Default Auckland hotel accomodation ?

Hi

We're hoping to pop up next weekend, hubby wants to look at a few 7 seaters advertised up there.

Would you believe its costing $3.5k to hire one for a month when parents in law and sis in law come out in January - $5k to buy!

So, anyone recommend some nice but cheap accomodation for one night for the 3 of us ? Preferably near airport as garage not too far from there ?

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Sorry, just a thought but wouldn't it make sense to buy and then resell later?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Sorry, just a thought but wouldn't it make sense to buy and then resell later?

?? Sorry if i am having a blonde moment but dont understand what youre saying ?

We are looking at buying rather than shell out $3.5 car hire for one month - then prob downsize for me to start learning to drive a few monthes down track.

I was looking for help with accomodation ?

Sharon

there are loads of hotels around the airport, never stayed in any though... I do drive past one thats not thats prob about 20 mins from airport, and its also not far from Botany town centre so you can get a shopping fix! It looks modern too.

http://www.jasons.com/New-Zealand/Ma...mora-Motor-Inn

I am pretty sure this is the place that a friend has stayed before and said it was basic but clean and comfy.

http://www.jasons.com/New-Zealand/Ma...Travellers-Inn

I work at the airport, and we put people up at either the Jet Park Inn or the Centra. Not sure what either are actually like, as I've never been to either myself, but no-one has ever complained to me about where I've put them...