Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: smoking laws

Default Electronic smoking...

Alternatively, you could do as we do and smoke electronically. Technically it's not smoking as there is no combustion taking place, what comes out is vapour rather than smoke .

Providing you get a decent one, they're actually excellent. I've quit smoking tobacco altogether about three months ago, after 30 years and numerous failed attempts, and it was so easy I don't even know exactly when I quit !

Of course I'm still addicted, but at least what I'm taking in now is only nicotine, minus all the other nasty stuff, and have also managed to bring down the nicotine use by using cartridges with less nicotine...

Cheers,
    Silver

NB: for more information: here you can find a NZ website dedicated to Electronic Smoking (which also has a forum, albeit an, as yet, modest one).

Please note that, at this point in time, cartridges containing nicotine cannot be (legally) bought/sold in NZ, but buying them overseas is no problem. PM me if you'd like more information or personal experiences with various brands (I do not sell them or in any way represent any specific company that sells them, just very enthusiastic about this product and what it has done for us).

Quote Originally Posted by James 1077 View Post
    It is the main annoyance about smoking bans - us non-smokers can no longer sit outside and enjoy a meal / beer in the sunshine as it is too smokey!
    They should introduce laws like they have introduced in the last couple of years here in Queenland (Australia). Smoking is banned wherever food or drink is consumed (and within 5 metres of the front entrance)

i think everyone should have to smoke in a smoking area!!

Smoking? Just ban it completely - that'll sort the problem once and for all!

ah! but the loss of tax revenue would bankrupt a country!

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    ah! but the loss of tax revenue would bankrupt a country!
    Yes but the health service wouldn't have to pay for the treatment of all the diseases that smokers give themselves. I agree with Pete S - ban it completely world-wide, it's a disgusting habit.

In NZ it's so nice to be able to go out for a meal anywhere and not have to ask for a non-smoking table, to stay in a hotel room where the pillows and everything else stink of smoke, and to go to a bar and come home without you and your clothes smelling of smoke.

[quote=Derv;237207]Yes but the health service wouldn't have to pay for the treatment of all the diseases that smokers give themselves. I agree with Pete S - ban it completely world-wide, it's a disgusting habit.
    quote]

Smokers generally die younger and cheaper and so aren't as large a cost on the health service and pension pots as non-smokers who live long lives and get old-age related diseases such as dementia or simply need more care due to being old!

A ban would definitely bankrupt the place due to lack of tax income and, on top of that, wouldn't work anyway (the worldwide ban on drugs hasn't exactly been successful!).

I am being ironic by the way! but the stats prove smoking taxes far outweigh the cost to the nhs before you even get in to the mass loss of industry related jobs. unfortunately, big tobacco is far too powerful to be supressed. it's worth considering that cigarettes are the only legal products that if used as intended are addictive.
    however, they contribute zero percent to crime rates!

Same could be said for drinking and gambling methinks!
    Illegal importing of tobacco not classed in crime rates then ?

unfortunately, big tobacco is far too powerful to be supressed.
    I remember a figure quoted back in the early 80s that even back then, the DAILY payment from ONE of the UK cigarette manufacturers to the government was £4,000,000. What it must be now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast