Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smoking laws

Default smoking laws

is there a smoking ban in nz?
    can you smoke in hotel rooms?

Yes, there's a smoking ban, and no, you can't.

bum..

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, there's a smoking ban, and no, you can't.
    Yes there is a smoking ban inside, so you have to go outside to smoke.

But you can smoke in some hotel rooms i.e. hotels provide smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Ian

Oh, right... didn't come across any of the smoking sort.

There's plenty of smoking room outside the Waikato hospital - think you need a hospital gown, thick cardigan or jacket and a drip to smoke there though!

LOl Lockstock, it always amuses me the amount of patients sat outside a hospital smoking!

The smoking areas at pubs are often as nice (sometimes nicer looking) that the inside of the pub, complete with patio heaters and shelter!

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    The smoking areas at pubs are often as nice (sometimes nicer looking) that the inside of the pub, complete with patio heaters and shelter!
    It is the main annoyance about smoking bans - us non-smokers can no longer sit outside and enjoy a meal / beer in the sunshine as it is too smokey!

Quote Originally Posted by James 1077 View Post
    It is the main annoyance about smoking bans - us non-smokers can no longer sit outside and enjoy a meal / beer in the sunshine as it is too smokey!
    Agree there, it's a shame when you can'sit outside & get some fresh air , I say double or triple the price for a packet of cigs then that might stop youngsters taking it up, doubt you can get through to older ones though, you have to want to do it to start with, I should know, 7 years stopped now & still I fancy one now & again

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    I say double or triple the price for a packet of cigs then that might stop youngsters taking it up, doubt you can get through to older ones though, you have to want to do it to start with, I should know, 7 years stopped now & still I fancy one now & again
    My smoking history varied from 20+ a day at times to nothing for weeks. Gave up properly in December 2006 and haven't really felt like one since!

I don't personally have a problem with people smoking (after all their taxes subsidise everyone else as smokers generally die younger (so less pension payments) and cheaper (no expensive old age related recurrent problems)!).

Sitting outside without smelling smoke would have been nice though; perhaps they should reverse the ban in summer months and when it isn't raining so, on those days, smokers can only smoke indoors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast