Thread: Immunisation records and medicals

Default Immunisation records and medicals

Our doctor told me she would need to see the kids' immunisation records. It has just occurred to me that she did not mention the records for adults.

Is it correct that adult immunisation records are not required for the medical?

Cheers
    Billy

Billy

I didn't have to give either adult or child immunisation records when we had our medicals. Doc just asked were we all up to date (which we are), he signed it as OK.

Diny

We didn't have to give any immunisation records at all.

We had to give them for our 6 year old, not for us. If you contact your GP 's surgery, they will give you a printout free of charge.
    Cheers
    Nick

we need to take our childrens records ,they are asked for in our appointment letter, just photocopied page from their medical book .

my daughter is 12 ,I know she needs an x ray ,does she have the blood tests too ?

cheers ,

Marie

Needed to copy our girls (age 2 & 5) records from their 'red books', showing dates of immunisations. Nothing needed for adults.

Marie - think she's borderline. Dr Million won't do it though unless he absolutely has to. Must say though, that he's the best 'blood taker' (is there such a word?? :mrgreen: ) I've experienced, and I've been a donor for years. Didn't feel a thing, and no bruises afterwards.

Good luck.

Babette

Hi,

This is how the medical thing works in Manila. Children's immunization record is needed to see if your child has completed his vaccines. If not, they ask you to complete it. They gave my 9 month old measles vacc. although she didn't really miss this shot. This is given to babies 9 to 12 months, I think.

For adults, Hepa B screening is a requirement. Also, you will be asked about the vaccines you had in 5 yrs. If it doesn't inclue MMR and DT (Diphtheria-tetanous), they give it to you. I'm not sure if NZIS really requires this or if it's done only to bloat your bill.

jinkee

We were told that the record from the red book was not enough and that we'd need a printout from our Doctors. The Doctor's surgery obliged with a £10.00 per child charge! Adult immunisation records are not needed

Quote Originally Posted by Marie P
    we need to take our childrens records ,they are asked for in our appointment letter, just photocopied page from their medical book .

my daughter is 12 ,I know she needs an x ray ,does she have the blood tests too ?

cheers ,

Marie
    Marie, blood tests are not required for children under 16 (our 14 year old got away with it, much to the chagrin of his 16 year-old brother).
    I asked the doctor what the blood was tested for, expecting answers such as Hepatitis & HIV. The answer - just Syphilis! ops:
    john.