Thread: Washing Machine

Default Washing Machine

I was thinking of shipping our washing machine to NZ as it is not a year old yet. Electrically I know it will work but what about plumbing in ???

:hopeso

It'll be fine, If it was me I would definately bring it.

BRING IT WITH YOU!!!!! We had an integrated washing machine at home so had to leave it. We bought one when we got here & the cheapest front loader we could find was the equivalent of £480!!!! They ship most of them in from Europe. Translate that into NZ$ and that's a lot of money!!!!!

Default Washing Machine

Hi Colindp :cool

Concur with everyone else...bring your washing machine with you! All you will need is a mains adapter to plug it in.

The selection here is not very good and fairly expensive (but getting better on both counts).

Your American cousins don't have that option, but anyone from the UK does!

Hi,
    We brought our - no probs just new NZ plug on it and away we went - its on at the moment!
    Linda

Make sure its well drained and bone dry, as the GB rep explained to me today.

If there is any water in there or the fridge, you will open up a container full of green things as they get baked in various humidities.

Good bit of advice there everyone

Good tip that! I wasn't going to bother but now I know the price, may as well bung it in the box with the dishwasher - only 6 months old!

We actually thought about buying a new one here (Netherlands) since ours is almost breaking down but then we thought:

what about spare parts?

so what about them?

Or should you bring as many (for spare parts) as your container can hold ?

Hi Emma,

Spare parts - I'm guessing if your in the Netherlands that you've got a European make of washing machine? All of the front-loader washing machines are imported from Europe - Bosch is very popular over here so I wouldn't worry about parts for those, can't remember the other makes - think Zanussi & Samsung seem to ring a bell too - anyone else with a European washing machine they bought from a NZ shop here?

I couldn't find any websites for the shops we went in to for washing machines - sorry!