Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drivers license rules change

Default Drivers license rules change

Does anyone have a link that states when the drivers licensing rules are changing so I can print it out and take it with me when I apply for a NZ license (with my old US one) so that I do not have to take the theory test?

Thanks

Without having checked now I think you'll find it on Land Transport NZ's site. Ruling should be effective Monday and the AA should obviously know the new ruling(?).

Ahh thanks!

Default DL

Make sure they are aware of the two year drop as well...I was asking someone in the AA about it and she was confused as on my Ohio license was just renewed this year and the issue date is January. I was having a difficult time getting her to understand that was the date I got it reissued and ours are only good for four years and the R stamped at the bottom stood for renewal,which meant I had a license for at least four years prior (and then some). She told me I probably would need to get a letter from the States stating that effect. I called NZ transport and the woman there told me that would not be the case that the two year rule only applied to the old system to determine if you had to take the practical test as well... Hopefully there will be not hiccups but be prepared just in case.

I'll be there first thing tomorrow!

No worries- mine expires next year- so I've had it plenty long.

Fantastic. Had no idea about this, but wasn't looking forward to any kind of test. Cheers.

Will have to get my UK paper version posted out here it seems, as you need that along with the photocard?

am I right in thinking the only place i can get this done is at the riccarton road branch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast