Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies bits and bobs

Default Ladies bits and bobs

Question for the ladies (although some men may have the need!)

Will I be able to readily buy:

Hair dye (shh, don't tell anyone I'm not a natural!) - I normally buy Loreal Blonde Extreme as it doesn't need a pre-lightener

Hair removal cream - eg. Veet 3 minute

Moisturiser (hand or face)

And is there a good range of sanitary products? Any brands to be avoided? Or recommended? (I'm not quite Mooncup ready yet before anybody suggests it Still need to get my head round that concept )

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    Question for the ladies (although some men may have the need!)

Will I be able to readily buy:

Hair dye (shh, don't tell anyone I'm not a natural!) - I normally buy Loreal Blonde Extreme as it doesn't need a pre-lightener

Hair removal cream - eg. Veet 3 minute

Moisturiser (hand or face)

And is there a good range of sanitary products? Any brands to be avoided? Or recommended? (I'm not quite Mooncup ready yet before anybody suggests it Still need to get my head round that concept )
    Sanitary products here are like the ones that were available when I was a teenager......15 years behind the UK, not much choice and not very cheap either

Plenty of choice for moisturiser.....I can't live without the stuff as my skin is c**p.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Sanitary products here are like the ones that were available when I was a teenager......15 years behind the UK, not much choice and not very cheap either

Plenty of choice for moisturiser.....I can't live without the stuff as my skin is c**p.

I agree
    Pack them into every available nook and cranny in your container....

;-)

Yep "wings" are a pretty new concept here Quality is crap too - I get Mum to post me *cough* Lilets and she's going to have case full of toiletries when she comes over in March

Karenx

If you like Lil-lets or Boots own-brand of tampons, then I have found the Carefree brand to be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by peebles16 View Post
    I get Mum to post me *cough* Lilets

Karenx

lol
    Have an image of MAF "checking" through a parcel like that.....

I get Anadin Extra sent out....

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post

Yeah, I have to agree with that, no idea why?! Its like going back to using that shiny toilet paper you had at school, when you've been use to using double quilted.

Cheers

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    lol
    Have an image of MAF "checking" through a parcel like that.....

I get Anadin Extra sent out....

When we lived in Malawi quickly learned to mark all parcels "womens sanitary products" cos it was all blokes that worked at post office so wouldn't touch them or worse still nick stuff This was after Mum sent chocolates out to me and the empty box was delivered to my office

Karenx

Hair dye you should be fine although there is slightly less choice.

I'm struggling with moisturisers here, being allergy girl. It is not a legal requirement for the manufacturer to list all ingredients and I have one thing that I know I’m allergic to. Body Shop and Lush list but I haven’t found one that suits me. And prices are higher at about £10 a pot so each trial is a bit expensive. I’m waiting for my mum to get back from holiday so she can post me some Boots extra sensitive stuff. Even with postage it should work out cheaper.

Sanitary products for ladies are a bit behind the times here, and costly too - I miss 'Always'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast