Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PR witout job offer ?

Thumbs down PR witout job offer ?

I am a IT professional and I applied under skilled migrant category last year .
    My ITA interview is yet to be scheduled .

I was wondering whether it is possible to get
    PR without job offer in new Zealand as opposed to WTR ??

--------------------------------
    EOI ( 115 points , no job offer )
    ITA submited : feb 08

Thumbs up No news is good news

Nobody knows, my ITA submitted in Sept 2007, and I did the interview three weeks ago.

Hope to receive PR soon.

hi,

You can get a PR w/o job offer. I am in the IT industry and got a PR w/o a job offer. It depends a lot on how informed you are during the interview. The CO usually assesses your knowledge on job opportunities, how well read / informed you are about NZ as a country, any close relatives, etc..

The things that worked in our favor was close family (in-laws), our preparations for the interview.. we kinda knew the type of questions we would come across like cost of living, cities where you could stay, salary expectations, etc... I also had a couple of emails from the consultants which talked bout the career possibilities.

you can search on the forum and will get the interview questions.. that's how we prepared for our interview with the CO.

Cheers,
    Hesh

Default Attention: satyamsandhu

Most of the interviews have the following topics, I put few answers, hope they are useful

Career:
    a. Applying Skills to NZ ?
    b. Experience on Job Applications ?
    c. Getting a job: 3 main ways; websites (www.seek.co.nz/ or www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Jobs/Listings.aspx or http://jobs.search4.co.nz or http://myjobspace.co.nz/search ), News papers: NZ Herald or local newspapers, employment agencies like ‘work and income NZ’.
    d. Challenges expected: settling and finding a house, getting used to driving on the left side of the road, finding my way around, getting a job, finding suitable schools for my kids, getting used to the weather, way of life and NZ accent.
    e. Difficulties applying for a job
    f. Support if can’t find a job:
    g. Alternative career: ? Yes, why not.
    h. consider community service: Yes, why not.

Ties in NZ:
    a. Who do you know in NZ
    b. How will contacts help in settling
    c. If no relatives available: will find work in odd jobs even if it means low pay and difficult shifts, this will help until I can get a better job.

Accommodation & living costs:
    a. Why NZ? Stable, peaceful country, English Speaking, Excellent record of human rights, Very good racial harmony and tolerance compared to other countries, Moderate climate, Known for beautiful natural scenery
    b. Where in NZ? See ISSL
    c. Cost of living
    d. Plans on how to get started: the plan is generally look for renting, and start looking for a job, Apply to get a driver’s license and buy a car, get children into schools
    e. How much does a house cost?
    f. Plans to send children to a particular school

Thank you all for your answers !!

Quote Originally Posted by AliIsmailNZ View Post
    Nobody knows, my ITA submitted in Sept 2007, and I did the interview three weeks ago.

Hope to receive PR soon.
    Hi from israeli neighbour!

You submitted your ITA a year ago. Haven't you heard from INZ for a whole year? As far as I know the processing time is usually about 6 months... In which INZ branch is your application beeing processed? Do you know what kind of permit you'll be granted - PR or WTR?
    I submitted my ITA just yesterday, hope it will be ok...
    Good luck!
    Ozzy

Hi Ozzy,
    I submitted my ITA in Feb 2008 . It was transferred to Singapore branch from Indian branch as there was shortage of staff at Indian branch . My VO told me that it will still take some more time before I can be interviewed . I am not sure about permit that's why this post :-) ..but looks like it will be WTR only .

Default Attention Ozzy

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    You submitted your ITA a year ago. Haven't you heard from INZ for a whole year? As far as I know the processing time is usually about 6 months... In which INZ branch is your application beeing processed? Do you know what kind of permit you'll be granted - PR or WTR?
    I submitted my ITA just yesterday, hope it will be ok...
    Good luck!
    Ozzy
    Upon submission of my ITA, immigration officer told me that process takes from 9 to 12 months as our application is being processed in Wellington branch, "Immigration Profiling Group", I did an interview late (See my timeframe).

Don't know which permit shall I be granted, hope PR.

Good luck.

So if the process takes over 6 months after you turn in your ITA do you need to get new medicals?

No need to go for new medical & PCC once ITA has been submitted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast