Thread: lgv drivers

Default lgv drivers

what are the chances of getting pr after 2 year temp visa.Hopefully there next year but only qualify for temp working visa as lgv drivers only on ISSL .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyamr6 View Post
    what are the chances of getting pr after 2 year temp visa.Hopefully there next year but only qualify for temp working visa as lgv drivers only on ISSL .

Only via a WTR visa with an accredited company, otherwise it's a 2 year WP which can be renewed so long as you have job offer in first place.

Kim

OH has come out as a tanker driver on WTR - we didn't have enough points for PR and, like you said, HGV is only on the ISSL. All avenues we looked at at trying to get PR led to dead ends. We will apply for PR once the 2 year time limit is up.

Lx

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    OH has come out as a tanker driver on WTR - we didn't have enough points for PR and, like you said, HGV is only on the ISSL. All avenues we looked at at trying to get PR led to dead ends. We will apply for PR once the 2 year time limit is up.

Lx
    Which company? Better change location also.

Kim

Default lgv drivers

hi guys
    The job ive got lined up is with an accredited employer but falls short of the 55000 threshold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyamr6 View Post
    hi guys
    The job ive got lined up is with an accredited employer but falls short of the 55000 threshold
    I take it you are talking about the wage. If that is so then i am quite surprised that immigration will allow them to be on the list. You also have to make sure that the wage is for a 40hr week and not the 60-70 that truckies are expected to work.

Who is the company as i can make enquiries as to whether they pay close to it and get back to you. Obviously it would have to be a national company, and hopefully a NI location.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Kim39 View Post
    I take it you are talking about the wage. If that is so then i am quite surprised that immigration will allow them to be on the list. You also have to make sure that the wage is for a 40hr week and not the 60-70 that truckies are expected to work.

Who is the company as i can make enquiries as to whether they pay close to it and get back to you. Obviously it would have to be a national company, and hopefully a NI location.

Kim
    Hi Kim
    The company is McDowalls they are based in SI Had an interview with their MD in Carlisle about three weeks ago he told me at the interview that they used to meet the wage requirements but since immigration put that up it was more difficult .

John