Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet/Broadband

Default Internet/Broadband

Hi,

I just needed to ask this too...... my interent use is a bit on the higher side..... where can i get the best deal for a broadband connection .. perhaps an unlimited one.... the cheapest i can get for a unlimited broadband use...?

I don't have a fixed/landline phone as yet....... would consider one if the landline has a cheaper deal for broadband ..... any pointers to how to go about a landline connection in case that's cheaper..?

Would like a wireles broadband though incase i can get equally good deal as a landline broadband.....

we live on the kapiti coast and get a land line and broadband through telstraclear.

http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/reside...ages/index.cfm

you can get their service around wellington, christchurch and kapiti. i am not sure for the rest of NZ. anyways, we have the land line phone and 20GB plan for $116/month. i do not think there is an "unlimited" broadband offer. if you do go over your usage, they stick it too you pretty good. so you need to make sure that you sign up for a plan that gives you enough usage. we have not gone over our amount yet. we usually use around 15GB/month or less.

laurel

How much is high? I got an 80gb plan in Lower Hutt with Telstraclear. Its not exactly cheap but i am an internet junkie so its a hit.... lol

80GB?

I use about 2GB a month.

Nick.

My sky broadband here costs £5 per month,am i going to be paying $100 there? thats crazy

Unfortunately you are heading to the land where there is still dial up..... our son thought he had landed in the internet dark ages!!! I guess unfortunately there is not the competition to bring prices down yet, but at least broadband is available.

Quote Originally Posted by walshy View Post
    thats crazy
    That's NZ unfortunately. I pay 50 dollars a month and get 6KB/s (advertised 2MB/s) download speed - the 6Gb download cap is never a problem as the speed is too slow for it to ever get near that amount per month

Quote Originally Posted by incredible hulse View Post
    That's NZ unfortunately. I pay 50 dollars a month and get 6KB/s (advertised 2MB/s) download speed - the 6Gb download cap is never a problem as the speed is too slow for it to ever get near that amount per month
    Just done speedtest;

3788 kb/s downstream, 189 kb/s upstream.

Our Broadband with telecom has always been quick and reliable.

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by NikT View Post
    Just done speedtest;

3788 kb/s downstream, 189 kb/s upstream.

Our Broadband with telecom has always been quick and reliable.

Nick.
    Yep - my figures are with telecom as well (160kbs down on speedtest to nz based servers) - unfortunately they have decide to plug me in to an exchange 4.3k's away (over copper) rather than the one about 300metres at the end of the road (which is now full). They have until Friday to improve it, following a previous 2 month commitment, but I won't hold my breathe seeing as it's been this cr*p for near on 3 years

I am with Telecom in ChCh - (pretty central).

7044kbps Down
    534kbps Up

Of course.. its up and down depending on the time of day, etc.. but have had a pretty good service with them for the last few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast