Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: teaching council registration

Default teaching council registration

Ok, I finally have had my quals assessed by NZQA and have submitted my application to the teaching council, just wondered if anyone had a rough idea of how long it will take as it is all I am waiting for before i submit my PR application.
    Thanks

It shouldn't be too long. NZQA took my assessment down the road to TC for me! If you let NZQA know that you were applying for TC reg as well they will probably do it anyway. I suggest you e-mail NZQA, thank them for their prompt return of the assessment (it does pay to grovel) and ask if they have forwarded it to the TC. best of luck.

Hi Lockstock,

You seem to imply from your post that if we ticked on the NZQA assessment for the Teaching Council registration, we wouldn't have to go through the form filling process and application all over again. Is that correct? I thought I would have received something automatically from them if that had been the case, but I didn't. I just don't want to start wth TC all over again if I don't have to.

You have to fill in forms (and pay money) for both NZQA and NZTC

Lockstock was letting you know that if you tell NZQA that you are also applying for TC then NZQA will forward their assessment to TC for you.

Good idea to tell TC that NZQA are assessing you as there is a section to fill in...which you can't until NZQA have finished.

You can apply for both at the same time but you need certified photocopies of originals (that NZQA also need) for TC

Timescale? NZQA took about 5/6 weeks last Nov and TC was quicker than that.

HTH

My application to TC has been 3.5 weeks, maybe abit less. They've told me that my provisional registration is granted/accepted or whatever the right word is. I've got some other bits and pieces to do (but that's another story but no problems or delays with TC. I've found they are quick to respond to emails too.

Talking

Sent off for mine this week as well - i hope its quicker than nzqa - 3 months!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icemaiden View Post
    Hi Lockstock,

You seem to imply from your post that if we ticked on the NZQA assessment for the Teaching Council registration, we wouldn't have to go through the form filling process and application all over again. Is that correct? I thought I would have received something automatically from them if that had been the case, but I didn't. I just don't want to start wth TC all over again if I don't have to.

No, you do need to have applied to the TC - you just need to let NZQA know.

OK, thank you. So, I'll get the new lot of forms sent off to the TC this week. Oh, the beaurocracy. It'll all be worth it in the end though ...

That's great news only a couple of weeks then I can send my Pr stuff through !!

Argghh, I forgot to factor in the cost for TC. How much is the registration for TC, anyone recalls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast