Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone hear of "no win no fee" lawyers in NZ

Default anyone hear of "no win no fee" lawyers in NZ

if you have could you let me know please

Apparently the ACC system means they aren't necessary (thank goodness) but I have heard a radio ad for one.

I sincerely hope not....

In certain circumstances they do have their place in society but it just takes away peoples sense of responsibility for themselves and their actions imho.

Don't want to either thank you very much!!!!

anyone hear of "no win no fee" lawyers in NZ?
    Nope; and hope never to!

The adverts for this in the Uk used to drive me crazy - really turned it into a 'sueing society' so wrong yes accidents do happen no matter how careful you are and people shouldn't suffer if it happens, but it got so stupid that people were sueing for anything and being encouraged to do so, putting a lot of pressure on employers and individuals to be insured to the hilt - 'just in case'

Hopefully it won't get like that here!

have any of you who have replied with negativity stopped to think why I might be asking the question???????????

we have a genuine grievance and legal contract that supports us but do not have the money to take the other party to court to force them to make good.

again, has anyone heard of any 'no win no fee' lawyers or good hearted legal souls who would consider helping us on a no money up front basis?

If you have a genuine grievance then you don't need to worry about "no win, no fee" as you will win so the other party will have to pay your fee and any other reasonable costs incurred.

So all you need is a lawyer and you can discuss payment arrangements with them; I would assume that most would not ask for payment up front if the case looks good or would have some sort of payment arrangement.

are you a lawyer james 1077?
    the lawyer who I used for the original contract says it could cost anything from 5k to more than 20k to go to court and that the fees will be accrued and invoiced monthly
    ... with a young famliy we are simply not prepared to take on this level of debt to chase these people and recover what is rightly ours... hence we either bend over or we find a kindly soul or a 'no win no fee lawyer'...

Hi,

Not sure if this helps, but have you tried going to your local MP with your problem. They might not have all the answers but may be able to stear you in the right direction.
    Good luck I know the stress it causes I still have a case on going from when we bought a mad pony advertised as a first pony.

Regards
    Joanne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast