Thread: Heating - inverter ducted system

Default Heating - inverter ducted system

Can anybody advise me on this type of heating product? I am interested in purchasing a house which has this installed.

At first I thought it was just a glorified hrv/dvs (as these are similar looking ceiling vents) but the owners tell me its a top of the range fully ducted inverted heating, cooling and ventilation system with temperature control

- cost $14000 4 years ago and is under a 5 year warranty and is serviced every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    Can anybody advise me on this type of heating product?

I am interested in purchasing a house which has this installed.

At first I thought it was just a glorified hrv/dvs (as these are similar looking ceiling vents) but the owners tell me its a top of the range fully ducted inverted heating, cooling and ventilation system with temperature control

- cost $14000 4 years ago and is under a 5 year warranty and is serviced every 6 months.
    ... give me a call Michelle!

No they are not at all the same as the HRV system
    they are more like a glorified airconditioner.

I have two in this house, I had one in each of my two previous homes.

They call them heat pumps but they are nothing what I knew (canada) as a heat pump.

They use refrigeration technology to convert the latent heat in the air outside to heat for the inside and to cool in the summer.

The theory is that they give you more heat for your $ than anything other than passive solar.

Central heating has only just made it into the kiwi dictionary.

Understandablle in the north but baffling in the south.

The fully ducted system you refer to would be as close as you are likely to get here.

It doesn't work as well as the heat source we had in 2003 but that's another topic and i dare not address it here

troll

Yup. I got a ducted heat pump installed, with vents in the floor. Why ducted? I didn't like the look of those non-ducted wall mounted units, plus I wanted to have every room heated. Have some beefs with the install job, but that aside, quite happy with the performance, and power bills. I had forgotten how much I missed central air. Waking up to a warm house makes it a home, imo. :-)

The every 6 month service btw could probably be skipped, as long as you're willing to vacuum out the filters yourself.