Thread: Women's clothes in Auckland

Default Women's clothes in Auckland

Hi! I'm from the States and have never needed 'professional' clothing for my jobs (aside from interviews, where I'd wear a blazer and pants), so I didn't bring any over in my suitcases.

However, I'm now in Auckland (near the CBD) and need a black suit jacket and a few white button-down, collared shirts for a work conference. Any ideas where to go?

I was thinking to check thrift shops first, does anyone know where they are located in Auckland?

Please keep in mind I don't have a car so I'll need someplace in the CBD or on a busline closeby.

If that fails, I want to spend less than ~$40 on the suit jacket/blazer, and about $20 per shirt.

Is there an equivalent to TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshall's in Auckland? Please recommend some stores, as I hate shopping...

thanks!

Besides what you've said, when I was in Auckland last year, I got a decent black jacket from the Warehouse.

If you don't mind polyester, you could try k-mart or the warehouse.

look in the white pages on line or in the phone book under St Vincent de Paulle or Salvation Army.

There will be a Salvation Army family store somewhere near you

Here's a good site for finding bargain stores etc.... for Auckland Wellingtona dn Christchurch so everyone can have a look

https://www2.sslserver.co.nz/bargainshopping/news.php

If you sign up to their mailing list you can get a weekly email outlining this week's bargains.
    G