Thread: Problem with NZQA online application form

Default Problem with NZQA online application form

I'm busy doing the online application International Qualification Assessment (IQA) and are experiencing a strange problem while completing the section called "Step 6 Documents to be Enclosed" and more specifically the "Add documents" section.

What happens is that the application does not want to accept more that 5 documents. It does not give any error message, but the server just times out when you press the add button. If I delete any document so there are less than five, then it allows me to add another, but it will not accept a sixth document. The page itself does not mention any such limitation. I tried it several times and get the same result each time.

I was wondering if anyone else have experience this same frustrating problem as me? I suspect it will not help to try an report it to NZQA itself as they never responded previous email queries I posed to them anyway.

Do you still have the problem? I just added a few more document titles and exceeded 7 without a glitch.

There are a document with statement that NZQA do not assess more than 5 quals per application.
    baeter, I truly believe that you can skip one or two docs without any losses. Just attach couple of notes to the paper application.

Yup, that is what I have done. I bundled some of the papers and just added an extra page with notes. Well its posted, and now I can just sit back and wait...

Quote Originally Posted by beater View Post
    Yup, that is what I have done. I bundled some of the papers and just added an extra page with notes. Well its posted, and now I can just sit back and wait...
    Little did I know back then how long this was going to take... I just received my NZQA assesment yesterday... almost a year later. If I knew it would take this long I would not even have bothered spending the extra money to courier the papers over.

At least the assesment is what I hoped it would be. But in the meantime my EOI has expired becasue NZQA took so long and now I have to apply all over for that again.

Sympathies. Hoping you have much better luck this time round.

You've got me a bit worried now... I thought it was 35 working days for the standard service, ie 7 weeks? I'm hoping the update next month will correct their omission of UK degrees from the 25 May ammendment, but if not then I'll have to go through the full NZQA in time for my submission no later than 11 November. Was your assessment especially complex, or are the claimed turnarounds totally out compared to reality?

I think mine just took unusually long. I suspect one of the reasons (and by co-incidence also one of the reasons I want leave SA) was that NZQA simply did not get adequate and professional responses to their queries from the institution in SA. (Ex South African on this forum will know what I'm talking about). And unfortunately the fact that the institution also had a name change since I studied there did not help either.

So before you get too worried... it does not mean the same thing will happen in your case as well.
    Last edited by beater; 27th July 2009 at 05:33 AM.

Other people have had good experiences with NZQA but when I fast tracked our application last year I tried to get in contact with them after the estimated amount of time had passed only to find out they basically hadn't started. They wouldn't confirm receipt of our documents after 8 weeks after I knew they had arrived (as that would mean they should have started), but were more than happy to talk to me when I asked for the documents to be returned (we ended up not needing it as the US university was on the approved list, basically I was dumb). They were also really good about getting me a refund.