Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cocoa Powder

Default Cocoa Powder

Can you get Cocoa poweder anywhere? I have seen drinking chocolate but not cocoa powder.
    Have looked in Countdown, Foodtown and New World.
    I made the boys there favourite chocolate cake and used cadburys chocolate drinking powder and it wasn't the same ( so they told me - I was good and resisted!)
    Ta

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry and David View Post
    Can you get Cocoa poweder anywhere? I have seen drinking chocolate but not cocoa powder.
    I made the boys there favourite chocolate cake and used cadburys chocolate drinking powder and it wasn't the same ( so they told me - I was good and resisted!)
    Ta

Kerry
    Yes you can, we get Baking Cocoa powder sold with the other cake ingredients. Certainly got some from Countdown and Pack N Save.

Ian

Most places seem to stock both cadburys and pam's cocoa powder...usually in boxes rather that tubs....as said above, it the baking section.

I bought Green and Blacks cocoa powder from New World. I found the Cadbury's cocoa powder a little too sweet and being in a box it tended to go everywhere when it was opened. The G&B comes in a tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry and David View Post
    Ta

Kerry
    Funnily enough I had the same problem last year.
    It does exist and is sold in a small cardboard box (Pams). As KerryS mentioned there is also Green & Blacks, and here in Wellington I have seen other more expensive brands in the likes of Moore Wilsons. If you have an equivalent "posh" shop in Auckland then they would surely sell something more upmarket than Pams or Cadbury (neither of which I found particularly impressive either).

I bought some from Food Town, their Signature Range. Seemed OK to me...and also to the kids that scoffed the cake I made with it

Milliemoo

We've bought Blooker Dutch cocoa powder from Moore Wilsons.

Foodtown here again for cocoa powder, again the Signature Range makes a super chocolate cake.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate cake View Post
    Foodtown here again for cocoa powder, again the Signature Range makes a super chocolate cake.
    A favourite of yours?

Bx

I'm well confused by Signature Range. It appears in every supermarket. Is it just a brand with a suggestive name?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast