Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone Prepay

Default Vodafone Prepay

Hello,
    I have a Supa Prepay and I find the 89c/min quite a lot. I tried to subscribe to motormouth but it seems that it's no longer available.

Do you know if there are any other cheaper plans ?

Thanks.

I think Telstra Clear is advertising a deal for 20c a minute (I think) and you get a free phone, but you have to be a Telstra Clear customer to get it. I think that means you have to have a home phone and sky TV package from them. We're going to investigate it further when we move to our new house so I'm not totally clear on the deal yet - but worth investigating.

Yes, as far as I know you have to have homeline+broadband.
    Which, unfortunately for the moment, it is not possible.

The vodafone prepay best mates for $6 a month works well for us. I did look at a contract but neither Vodafone or Telecom have anything that would work as well as our current prepay. I don't use my cellphone much though other than ringing my OH, I guess if I made a lot of calls I'd have to look for something better.

Hello,

As a followup, I found a great way to pay just 30c/national call and 50c/mobile call no matter what is your plan or if you are on vodafone/telecom.

Just signup to 2talk.co.nz, topup your account with some ammount and then activate the call back function. Dial your 2talk number, after one (a few) ring(s) hangup and your 2talk number will call you back and give you a dialtone.
    You are paying 25c/min for the call back and 5c/landline or 25c/mobile. Of course, you can call international at the same low rates.

So, I have a best mate for 6$/month and also very low call rates.

One good thing about the Supa Prepay, is the current offer of $2 for 60 mins to ring the UK, have been making the most of this to ring family and friends that dont have skype.

Is there any way to check your calling record, or are you completely at the mercy of Vodafone to make the correct charges to your prepay account?

No you can set up an online account and check the charges in rea-time. We have a seperate Vodaphone prepay to get the $2/hour to UK landline (works for a list of other countries too I believe), which we'll keep purely for that purpose in addition to our pre-pay mobiles for day-to-day use.

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/myvodafone

Quote Originally Posted by mikey39 View Post
    One good thing about the Supa Prepay, is the current offer of $2 for 60 mins to ring the UK, have been making the most of this to ring family and friends that dont have skype.
    Just in case you don't know, you can use Skype out to call any phone, so your family don't need to have skype, or even a computer.

Calls are approx 4.35c per minute currently so can work out significantly cheaper than Vodafone if you are not going to talk for too long.

Ian

Skype is definitely on the cards for me, once we get a more long-term place and I can get a proper net connection!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast