Thread: Coffee machine - Nespresso!

Default Coffee machine - Nespresso!

Hi Guys,

A very silly question here... but we have a nespresso coffee machine here in the UK that we were going to bring - however, I can't see on the company site if they distribute their coffee capsuals to NZ.

Can anyone shed some light?!

A 10 pack of capsules can be delivered within 3 business working days at a cost of $7.40NZD and can be delivered for a flat delivery fee of $8.70NZD. The capsule keep coffee absolutely fresh for up to 12 months (http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/-kitche...prod68304.html)

Hope this helps

Hi Gemini, thank you for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by doowrehsij View Post
    Hi Guys,

A very silly question here... but we have a nespresso coffee machine here in the UK that we were going to bring - however, I can't see on the company site if they distribute their coffee capsuals to NZ.

Can anyone shed some light?!
    Have you checked to confirm that the coffee machine doesn't use too much power to be safe to use in NZ?

If you aren't aware in NZ you can only safetly connect devices to the mains if they use 10A or less (2400W), whilst in the UK the device could be 13A.

I have no idea what how much power a typical coffee machine in the UK uses, but certainly many kettles will use too much power to be safe for use in NZ, so would recommend that you check it (there should be a label on the device telling you it's power requirements).

Ian

Our coffee machine works fine in NZ and the electrical items we brought with us. I think the UK is the same or very little difference, but there may be issues with items from the US.

I think the 10A refers to actually connecting the item, rather than plugging something in. I know for example we could legally install our own dishwasher but not the stove because that is 20A and had to be done by a qualified electrician.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Our coffee machine works fine in NZ and the electrical items we brought with us. I think the UK is the same or very little difference, but there may be issues with items from the US.

I think the 10A refers to actually connecting the item, rather than plugging something in. I know for example we could legally install our own dishwasher but not the stove because that is 20A and had to be done by a qualified electrician.
    There is very little difference with the voltage and frequency but as I stated above there is a difference with the amount of power that the appliance can draw.

The 10A most definitely refers to plugging the item in e.g. a Kettle, Iron etc.

Don't be fooled by the fact that you can change the plug and it will work. What it will be doing is drawing more current than the wiring was intended to handle. This is a fire waiting to happen, please, please do NOT assume that it is all OK.

Check the rating now, if you are not sure post the information and someone will check it for you.

NOTE: This is very important that you check any item that uses a lot of power e.g. Kettles, Grills, Irons, Heaters etc. In particular you are likely to find that Kettles and Heaters are not suitable.

Ian

I looked this up a while ago and they do deliver to NZ. If I remember correctly its listed under "Australia".

Helen

Found it!

Freephone:
    1800 623 033
    New Zealand: 0800 234 579
    Freefax:
    1800 887 797

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    There is very little difference with the voltage and frequency but as I stated above there is a difference with the amount of power that the appliance can draw.

The 10A most definitely refers to plugging the item in e.g. a Kettle, Iron etc.

Don't be fooled by the fact that you can change the plug and it will work. What it will be doing is drawing more current than the wiring was intended to handle. This is a fire waiting to happen, please, please do NOT assume that it is all OK.

Check the rating now, if you are not sure post the information and someone will check it for you.

NOTE: This is very important that you check any item that uses a lot of power e.g. Kettles, Grills, Irons, Heaters etc. In particular you are likely to find that Kettles and Heaters are not suitable.

Ian
    Point taken Ian, don't want to be misleading anyone. I see all of our items that we brought (we didn't bring many electrical) are fine.