Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dig your own hot spa

Default Dig your own hot spa

Looking forward to visiting here

http://www.thecoromandel.com/index.html

Anyone been?

This needs further investigation too

http://www.thelostspring.co.nz/
    Last edited by JoJo76; 7th October 2008 at 04:22 AM.

should have added this for the spa pool

http://www.thecoromandel.com/hotwaterbeach.html

Yes!! it's just like the pictures....there is a lovely walk down to Cathedral Cove.
    On Hot Water Beach you will see grown-ups all concentrated around the same area on this big beach, digging holes in the sand with their spades. Its quite an amusing sight! Beware the water really is scalding hot in places !!

Had a look at Cathedral Cove, can't wait to get there

We have just spent a long weekend in the coromandel. We stayed in coromandel town but went over to whitianga and cathedral cove and hot water beach.

Hot water beach was reallly busy and we couldnt be bothered digging a hole to sit right next to loads of other people.

Cathedral cove - now that place is fantastic. Quite a walk to get there but well worth it. Definetly going back to spend a full day there messing about and snorkelling etc.

we got some beautiful photos too

I just don't fancy sitting in a watery sandy pit, I can't stand sand at the best of times, to sit there in albeit warm water sounds positively scary to me!! I mean, sand gets everywhere doesn't it, and it chafes

But then you get to run into the surf for a cooling dip!

There are a few hot pools around NZ. There are a couple of spots on Lake Taupo (though they can be too hot) where I like to test the water.

Also somewhere on Great Barrier Island. Can't remember the name of the place as I went there a couple of years ago but it's on a DOC walk. We walked from Claris airport to the walkway and then to the hotsprings. About 12km total once we got back to the airfield!

There are heaps of hot pool resorts (Miranda Hot Springs - mineral pools, Te Aroha, soda water spa, Mount Maunganui salt water pools, Hanmer Springs, Polynesian Spa at Rotorua etc).

I like my own hot pool the best - always hot (but not too hot), always good company and never any tourists! We've got a plug in spa, cost us $4000 in a fieldays special. Well worth it though.

Default beach pics

the trick is to find out where the hot water runs beneath the sand, otherwise you end up digging a pit that fills with cold water . . .
    Last edited by SarahEDH; 24th December 2008 at 09:06 AM.

I burned my feets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast