Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booking Flights

Default Booking Flights

Hi all

Just need to rent the house, confirm shippers, cash in endowments (not the best time to do it) etc......

One other thing we are now looking at more closely is the flights, any one got any tips, places to find cheap flights? Any good deals / offers out there at the moment.

J

Oooooh how exciting for you all - its getting so close now! We seemed to have mirrored each other through the various stages!

Can't help too much with the flights, sorry. We are going with Air New Zealand, via LA but only because we got a discount through OH work if we booked at the time.

Good luck!
    Claire

We flew with Singapore Airlines as they offered us double luggage allowance as we had a Residence Visa. They were also the best priced airline at the time.

www.singaporeair.com

Hi

I was looking at flights the other day too. Quantas seemed to be the cheapest...

We are in Ireland and there is a company called 'Club Travel' based in Dublin who are experts in OZ and NZ travel. I used to work in the Travel industry and know they get special rates from Airlines- i know you are in the UK but i'm sure they can organise flights from anywhere!..they gave me the best quote a few weeks ago-i checked the individual flights they quoted me for online, the same day, and their quote was still several hundred euro cheaper!

Best of Luck!

Smile Flight tips from a Travel Agent!

Well I was a Travel Agent before I became a Mum and I worked for some big longhaul agencies so here are my tips for travelling to NZ from UK....

If you are flying economy then it is better to fly via USA as you get 2x23kg per person, via Asia is just 20kg per person.

When I was working a few carriers would give extra luggage allowance if you are travelling with a residency visa....no help to returning Kiwi's though!...you would have to check this with the airline before you book.

For price it is generally better to book early as not all seats are the same price, and cheaper seats tend to go first....airline does have right to alter their fares but generally earlier you book the better...up to 10 months in advance.

Shop around...check both with the big travel agencies (ie...Flight Center, Lastminute, Ebookers, Travelbag) and direct with airline websites (ie. Air NZ, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Qantas).

Try to prebook seats and if you have kids make sure you prebook kids meals as this may be the only way they get the airline goody bag. If you are travelling with a young baby try to prebook a bassinet so you don't have to fly with them on your lap....you only get a seat for an under 2 if you pay extra for it!

We go in three weeks and we booked on Air NZ website....because of price, routing and stopover options. This could vary depending on seat availability.

If you are having a stopover then shop around for your stopover hotel. We booked on US site Hotwire.com and it was about a third of the usual price for a room.

Hope this helps!

Question Any Experiences on Jetabroad?

Have you searched Jetabroad?

http://www.jetabroad.co.nz

Can anyone who has used Jetabroad provide a review?

try Kayak.co.uk

sometimes they show you which days are cheaper to fly on - we came home on a Thursday and saved about £50 each!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Have you searched Jetabroad?

http://www.jetabroad.co.nz

Can anyone who has used Jetabroad provide a review?
    tried checking the fares online, and they seem to have cheap one-way fare! thanks for this link.

Hi all,

I have a few American friends planning to visit me here in NZ for a two week holiday sometime in January/ February (2009,) but our eyes seem to have a way of dislodging from their sockets every time we look at prices. Any other/more up-to-date suggestions for the transport of human cargo to and from the states? Thanks!

Drew

Unhappy

We booked our flights two days ago, and we booked direct with Air NZ via LA (29hr flight . You can cancel flights upto 24 hours before flight (minus 150 per person), we used a credit card for extra insurance and prebooked seats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast