Thread: missed out on a good price today

Default missed out on a good price today

We are periodically doing the rounds of travel agents trying to get good priced flights, and we came across an excellent price today, but we wanted a stopover and even though they processed the whole thing knowing that we wanted a stopover we got to the point where we had to pay and they say thats for same day connecting flights (arrrgggghhhhhh) so we say ok how much is it with a stopover and its £400 more (thats just to take a later flight, not hotel prices or anything like that) plus we'd have to pay the whole price upfront, whereas the original quote was pay deposit now and balance by JUNE. so we walked away. Tried a few other travel agents and then went back, deciding to take the flight with no stopover, but it was gone and the cheapest they could do was £250 more and with DOUBLE the deposit

I feel like i'm entering a lottery, and they just pick a price at random.

I really don't see why a stopover attracts an additional £400 fare and upfront payment its rediculous.

Stick to the internet, I have found flights are much cheaper!
    Good luck
    Liz

Sounds like a classic case of agent misquoting and realising at last minute. (I was a travel agent in Central London and know from experience.) Airfares are all a bit of a lottery.

I do now book everything online...you can even add stopovers with many websites.

can you give me some good websites? we've been checking tons of websites and have so far found the cheapest prices in the travel agents (possibly because they buy up all the cheap seats)

Try Kayak - they even have a matrix that shows you the cheapest day of the week to fly on your chosen route!

We found it best to book directly with Air New Zealand on the web (www.airnewzealand.co.uk). You can easily check prices across various dates and add in stopovers and specify how long you want them to be.

i cannot figure out how to put stopovers in any of the websites (except air NZ) and when i try to book the two legs separately it tells me there are no seats on the second leg