Thread: Problems Transferring money from NZ to UK?

Unhappy Problems Transferring money from NZ to UK?

Hi

I know this is going the other way & most people are interested in transferring money from their UK accounts to NZ, but has anyone had any problems transferring money to the UK from NZ?

My OH has tried to transfer some money from his NZ bank account to my UK account & it's not coming through. It has in the past (same day actually) but after a lot of excuses by the bank it's still not come through

My OH has since discovered there's a problem with ANZ new software but has it affected any of you & how have you got around the problem?

Tiggergirl

a lot of UK banks changed their policy/rules recently to facilitate same day banking between different banks (used to be 3-5days) it seems a bit off base, but i wonder if it has an affect on money coming from other countries.

I'm not sure really, because it seemed to be the reverse for us. For at least the past year the transfers have been going through on the same day. So if OH transferred money on a Thursday in NZ it would be here on Thursday in the UK. But OH has tried about 5 times now to do the normal transfer with no success. The bank in NZ just keeps palming him off, first of all they said that they don't know how it was going through same day because it's normally 3-5 working days. Then it was they don't use the swift code although there is a field for it & the lady at the bank decided to enter the swift code to try & speed it up, because this was the 2nd attempt. They also suggest it was new rules that were brought in to stop money laundering etc, so each transfer would definately take 3-5 days. Now they have said that several of their other clients in their region are having the same problem & it's down to ANZ Clearing bank using new software which has got a glitch. Yesterday they said they are looking at other alternatives to enable the transfer of money. I'll not hold my breath though.

Just a bit of an update.

The bank called OH yesterday morning & he's got to go in for a chat with the top manager. There was a mention of compensation but that could mean anything. Apparently ANZ have updated their software ready for next year, but some of the other banks haven't fully updated so this is where the problem lies. Think there was a programme on the night before where some expats haven't received their UK pensions for a month.

It seems to only be affecting individuals which is why it wasn't picked up sooner because businesses were unaffected.