Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fund Raising Activity Ideas Please!

Default Fund Raising Activity Ideas Please!

Our school are taking our under 16 football/soccer team to a competition being held in Australia next year and I have just been appointed chair of the fund raising committee. We need to raise a lot of money (about $40,000 ) in the next 7 months.

What I would be grateful for is some success stories and ideas from people who have either succeeded in this area or really, just some good ideas.

Our first meeting came up with:

Quiz night (often run by a local pub with great success )
    Fun run
    trail ride
    hiring the boys out to work for local farmers etc
    raffle for fire wood (donated by local people)
    Christmas grocery raffle
    car wash

We also have the support of the local paper and they are going to do an article hoping for some response from local businesses.

HELP!!!!!

A shepherds pie sandwich, eating contest?
    Sorry i'll grab my coat..............

How about Cowpat bingo. Field marked out in a numbered grid, sell the squares, where the cowpat lands wins the prize. Guaranteed to draw a crowd and raise a laugh - especially when three or four squares have to share the prize due to over-enthusiastic cow.

Joking aside, thats a hell of a lot in a short time!

How about some sort of marathon event, like a 24hr sponsored disco or something, i did a 24hr online blog for charity once, hard work posting a blog entry every 10min for 24hrs but we raised about 4000gbp i think.

I can see a 24hr Expat Radio Show in sponsorship for your school coming on.....
    (hmm puts idea into head, genuinely)

You always have the old sausage sizzle to fall back on.

some for of eating contest might be fun! Maybe how many marshmallows at once kind of thing.

Name the teddy bear

do you have time to organise a gala at all, hold it at the school? that way you can get more people in one place and get quite a lot of money in one day (hopefully!) then you can do things like egg & spoon races maybe horsey rides?

Quote Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
    How about Cowpat bingo. Field marked out in a numbered grid, sell the squares, where the cowpat lands wins the prize. Guaranteed to draw a crowd and raise a laugh - especially when three or four squares have to share the prize due to over-enthusiastic cow.
    Love it..... and them all being boys I can see them hooking into it big time!

Quote Originally Posted by Leccy-Lee View Post

I can see a 24hr Expat Radio Show in sponsorship for your school coming on.....
    (hmm puts idea into head, genuinely)

Tried to find a big kiss icon, failed

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post

some for of eating contest might be fun! Maybe how many marshmallows at once kind of thing.
    Yup, can see that one going down well with the boys as well!

Well, I tried to rep you all and for everone of you I have to spread it round more.

Some of the things local schools that do that are very successful:

An auction night - local businesses can donate products, parents can donate services depending on various skills. For instance, someone offered to cook a romantic meal for two, another person offered to draw a portrait etc, then people bid on it.

Garage Sale - everyone brings all there old stuff, advertise it in the local paper/radio etc, then sell it all off in the school hall. Needs a lot of parent help but it can raise a lot if combines with sausage sizzle, bake a cake, face painting by children etc.

I'll keep thinking ....

Cheers

Tia

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast