Thread: How do I get UK Police clearance from South Africa

Default How do I get UK Police clearance from South Africa

Hi Guys

How do I go about getting a UK police clearance certificate while I am in South Africa?

Is there and online form maybe?
    Did you just post it to them? and did they post it back to SA?

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Jamie

Hi There I found this on
    www.acpo.police.uk
    Your completed application form, proof of identity, photograph and payment must be sent to:

ACRO, PO Box 481, Fareham, PO14 9FS (UK)

For enquiries concerning the completion of this form, please contact ACRO on 0845 60 13 999 during our office opening hours (8:30-16:30) Monday to Friday or via email to:

acro.policecertificates@acro.pnn.police.uk

International callers from outside of the UK should call 00 (44) 1962 871111 during the above UK times

And

If you are currently residing outside of the UK and are having problems identifying anyone from the above list, please contact ACRO at:

acro.policecertificates@acro.pnn.police.uk

Hope This helps You

Do you need a police clearance before you come over to NZ from SA?
    just asking so i know what to do before we come and have all necessary paper work

thanks

Hi

you need fingerprints too.

we phoned up our local police station and they directed us to the fingerprinting bureau in Brighton which we went to and got ours done pretty easily (but expensively) - it cost £90.00 I think for both of us to get it done.

Good luck

Why did you have to get fingerprints done? Because you are not a Uk citizen?
    The ACPO did not require finger prints when I did it in October last year, I have lived in the UK all my life.

I wasn't required to send in fingerprints either and am south african who lived in london for seven years.
    south africa and australia so far have been the only ones who have required fingerprints from me....

they're also pretty quick, nothing like waiting for a police clearance from SA!

Quote Originally Posted by JandL View Post
    Why did you have to get fingerprints done? Because you are not a Uk citizen?
    The ACPO did not require finger prints when I did it in October last year, I have lived in the UK all my life.
    In S.A. fingerprints are a form of identification and therefore if you are wanting a police clearance certificate from S.A.. nneeds to have a set of fingerprints done in this country and then there are companies that will do the process for you.
    the reason why it is best to use on of these companies is the completed forms need to be collected in person from Pretoria and it takes a few weeks.
    I have included the S.A. web page that discuss police clearance certificates including the forms.
    http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/policeclear.htm.
    Hope that helps.
    the U.K. do charge a fee to do the finger prints and they are pricey for what the process intails ink, paper and somebody putting their signiture on a piece of paper.
    Cheers for now

Ahh OK, OP wanted a UK police certificate while staying in SA.

Hi
    Digging through my paperwork I found the details of a company that will do a S.A. police clearance cert.

http://dkpinvestigations.com

The S.A. gov. included their details when they sent me a letter to go to a U.K. police station (I live in the West Country) for my finger prints.

In the letter they do say that you do not have to use this company
    and I personally have not used them yet BUT probablly will when I need to get this part done.