Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: golf clubs

Cool golf clubs

i have a fairly cheap set in the UK, like less than 200 quid, and also a few years old.

rather than pay for cleaning, and shipping etc, was just thinking of buying a similar standard set.

are they similar prices? will have to rethink if they are much more expensive

Second hand sets are easy to come by, either in a shop like Cash Converters or online using Trade Me (if you haven't yet used trade me then I suggest it. You can get some good deals and get an idea of what items cost here in NZ). It might be a great opportunity to upgrade a bit without the expense of buying new (after all clubs don't really deteriorate).
    New Zealand has (I believe) more golf courses per capita than anywhere else in the world so either way best you make sure you have a set when you're here.

Have a look at this link as well as looking at other things mentioned above....

http://www.thegolfwarehouse.co.nz/

My OH has got three sets to get rid of you are more than welcome to them (he is left handed tho)

Jules

OH is left handed, looked here at Cash convertors etc Trade Me, couldn't find a left handed set, so brought his down, no problem put it in the box that MZF inspected. then of course found some left handed clubs right away.

Bought new Callaways before we came out and very glad we did as reckomn compared to UK they are very expensive for new here

is there some issue with customs and dirt/sand on your clubs then?

Quote Originally Posted by walshy View Post
    is there some issue with customs and dirt/sand on your clubs then?
    No issue with Customs, but MAF will ask you to clean them - just a good wash to get dirt off. Also golf shoes need to be cleaned well as they will be checked

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilw71 View Post
    No issue with Customs, but MAF will ask you to clean them - just a good wash to get dirt off. Also golf shoes need to be cleaned well as they will be checked

Neil
    Clean them with Jeyes fluid and note that you have done this on the MAF form.

maf?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast