Thread: EOI objections during assessment

Default EOI objections during assessment

my visa officer put some objections on my EOI during her assessment that my work experience is not in comparable labour market. i have an overall experience of 6 yrs in which 3 yrs 7 months in multinationals.

1. can someone guide me about this comparable market?

i am an MBA and working on a telecom company in a technical project.

2. can someone guide me which occupation i should select from the list ANZSCO.

Hi Mehroze,

Could you please list your day-to-day job functions?

It is true that the work experience should be in a comparable labour market and Pakistan is not in that list.

That being said, the only ways for you to get past the EOI stage is to prove either:

1. That your job function in the absolute skills shortage list [aka LTSSL]

or

2. That the company(ies) you have worked for is domiciled in one of the countries listed in comparable labour market. Domiciled means that the headquarters of the company should be located in one of the countries in the comparable labour market.

I am an Indian national and I too have a similar problem, but my job function is in the LTSSL and the companies I have worked for is domiciled in the comparable labour market list.

The following are extracts from the EOI guide relevant to your questions:

------------------------------------------
    Domiciled

A company is domiciled in the country where it is permanently located and legally registered. Multinational companies are domiciled in the country where the head office or parent company is registered. For example, if company A has branches in New Zealand, Australia and Fiji, but the head office is in the United Kingdom, it is considered to be domiciled in the United Kingdom.

Recognised work experience

You can gain points for work experience if it is relevant to your recognised qualification or relates to your current or offered skilled employment in New Zealand. You can gain additional bonus points if you have work experience
    lawfully gained in New Zealand or that was in an identified future growth area or area of absolute skills shortage. If you do not have current or offered skilled employment in New Zealand, or if your work experience is not in an area of absolute skills shortage, your work experience must have been in a comparable labour market in order for you to claim points. If you are claiming points for skilled employment in New Zealand you must also qualify for points for either a recognised qualification or recognised work experience.

SM 11.10.1 Definition: Comparable labour market

a. Work experience is assessed as being in a comparable labour market if it was undertaken in one of the following countries by:

i. a citizen or permanent resident of that country; or
    ii. a person who had the lawful authority to work in that country.

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium-Luxembourg
    Canada
    Cyprus
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Israel
    Italy
    Japan
    Malaysia
    New Zealand
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Philippines
    Portugal
    Republic of South Korea
    Singapore
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

b. Work experience undertaken in a country not listed at (a) above will be assessed as being in a comparable labour market only if it was undertaken for a multinational commercial entity (including a wholly or majority owned
    subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company) domiciled in one of the countries listed in (a) above.

------------------------------------------------------

All of the above and more comprehensive information is supplied in the EOI Guide [Document No. 1101] and can be downloaded from the NZIS website. If you are unable to locate it, send me a mail to l.krishna@yahoo.com and I shall send you a copy.

Since you mentioned that you work for an MNC, there is a good possibility that your company is domiciled in a comparable labour market country, but you are in a better position to figure that out.
    Last edited by nanskris; 22nd October 2008 at 07:42 PM.

thanks u so much for a detailed reply.below is my present job responsibilities.

MOBILINK LDI PROJECT COORDINATOR
    Orascom Telecom

• To support the Project Manager in the coordination and control of current Project.
    • Prepare a monthly update to forecast project timelines and being cognisant of tasks completed and tasks planned to be completed
    • Prepare a weekly update forecasting expected actual progress for the current month
    • Keeps track of all project plans and reports on project performance and advises management of any enhancements or additions required, escalating critical issues, if any, to the right authority.
    • Keeping track of project timeline & Bottlenecks.
    • Keeps track of the vendor progress on assigned projects and presents period status reports to management
    • Be a single point of contact for project coordination and maintains strong liaison with internal and external entities
    • Sourcing and procuring the project equipments as required.
    • Consolidate purchase requisition form and initiate purchase orders.
    • To source and negotiate for competitive pricing and payment terms.
    • Liaise with major suppliers and maintain smooth working relationship.
    • Coordination between Company departments for Financial & Legal affairs.
    • Processing of invoices, Service Completions and Payment Authorization form.
    • To ensure an accurate and timely billing and invoicing procedure.
    • Creation and Finalization of Legal contracts &Addendums.
    kindly guide me in this also i mean which occupation to select

Based on the job functions you have listed, the closest profile listed in LTSSL is

Management & Project Management staff
    (135112)

This is in page 9 of the LTSSL document [Doc No 1093]. This is a very generic profile and in my humble opinion is difficult to prove unlike programming, technical administration or other IT skills. Also, to be assessed for this profile, you need:

Degree-level (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience

Do you have this?

If you do not, then you could try and claims points on the domicile factor of your company, however, you would be able to claim points only for 3 yrs and 7 months and not the entire 6 years because you have worked for MNCs only for that period of time. May I ask in which countries, the companies you worked for are based in?

orascom in which i am working now has a domiciled country Egypt
    and Zte is china

Dear,
    Can you please drop me a mail,I am working in a telecom company and interested in NZ immigration plz drop me a mail on engrsultan@gmal.com

guys,

especially to nankris,
    is your job required by LTSSL for specified period of experience ? for example, minimum 3 years experience.... (bla bla bla)
    can we get the bonus point if we do not fulfill the requirement but we do work for a multinational company and also in a comparable labour market ? ( I have up to 2 years experience in a multinational company but LTSSL required for 3 years, but I have another 3 years experience in other company)

thank you in advance

Hi Susanty,

If you are able to prove that your job is in the LTSSL you need not have worked for an MNC domiciled in any of the labour market countries. However, you need to meet the minimum criteria listed in the LTSSL. For some jobs, it is a specific qualification and 3 years of experience.

I understand you have a total of 5 years of work experience. If all of this is specific to any one of job profiles in LTSSL, the domicile factor will not be a bottleneck.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

ok thank you nankris for your kind explain