Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballpark figure for shipping small dog?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ballpark figure for shipping small dog?

What should I be expecting to pay, very roughly, to ship a border collie from Glasgow to Auckland, including vets fees etc?

Cheers
    Billy

We had two estimates so far for our collie cross one at 1735, one at 1563, but if i remember right the lower one we had to deliver to heathrow.

And he's only a bloomin rescue mutt into the bargain, we must be MAD

Hope this helps

Must learn to read all of a post before I reply.....

The above does NOT include vet fees for the blood tests etc, but did include import fees

wow that seems a lot . I know it's around £850/900 for a cat, so I guess dogs cost more, but I didn't realise that much more.

Anyhoo, contact Golden Arrow as they are the best (so we've heard) :P

Milliemoo

How in goodness name can people justify these costs???? Doesn't the term"being taken for a ride" spring to mind with you.

Check the mutt, bung it in a box, dump it on a plane and hey presto

Now off to open my own animal export business........

To be fair Stevie D - as one scouser to another - there is a lot involved.

I paid £832 to get our cat over. That includes the fare and booking the flight - all of the laboratory tests. De-fleaing, de-worming, vet attending to do the aforementioned, paperwork for MAF, getting the import and export permits, building a special crate for the pet to go in, keeping the pet for 3 nights (in my case), delivering the pet to the airport and sometimes picking the pet up from their home, dealing with anxious pet owners who might call them every couple of hours to make sure their pet is still alive and happy, handling any problems when they arrive in NZ ( which they do get occasionally).

Golden Arrow told me about a lady in Palmy who called them in the UK because her pet hadn't arrived on the designated flight. It was simply a breakdown in communications between Auckland and Palmy. The flight to Auckland had been delayed but nobody in Auckland had thought to tell Palmy - so Golden Arrow in UK got involved - had to call Auckland and find out that it was a simple delayed flight problem and this was during the night for GA. They have a quite a big set up and I saw about 6 dogs and four cats all with their own runs in nice surroundings and all having to be attended to and fed and watered.

I think it was worth every penny for the stress taken off me during a very stressful period of selling the house and shipping the stuff out. If I'd had to take care of the cat stuff as well I would have been a basket case.

We have had a quote from Golden Arrow to ship our cat penny over.

As mentioned above by Milliemoo, Dave and Sandra they are apparently the best, for a medium size cat all inclusive (vet's etc) £811.

Can you beleive what my mum said when I told here the cost "that's very expensive, would it not be cheaper to leave her here and get another when you settle" Mmm i wonder how upset she would be if I said she couldn't come and see us when we move. (now I know what happened to our cat when I was little and we moved) :eek

Not sure if you have the tel num for Golden Arrow but here it is just in case 01 588 680 240 Good Luck

Many people think we are mad, comments from

"you could replace him with a pedigree when you move for that price"

"leave him here and I will take him to the woods for you" (i think a shotgun was involved somewhere!)

"why dont you just get him put down"

"put him back in the rescue home"

Now, I know he's getting on a bit, 9, and he is a rescue dog we have had for just a year or so, BUT, he's our dog, we took him on intending to keep him until "the end" and to the end we shall, reckon he could get to at least 13 judging by other collies we see. My conscience would bother me too much if we did not take him.

Not looked at Golden Arrow yet, but will do.

Jubjub our dog cost us £50 to buy. He's a labrador/retriever x and we think the world of him. He developed epilepsy when he was only a few months old so he's on daily tablets to control fits. which cost over £20 a time. He is like one of the family. I'm with you - he's with us for the long haul. I'd no sooner leave him at home than one of the kids!!

I keep telling him how much he's going to enjoy all the exploring when he gets over there. All those new smells he's going to come across

(Sad aren't I)

I do wish he could lie under my seat on the plane though. :mrgreen:

Hey youre all so lucky! lol, Coming from Holland, they have to go into quarantaine for a month. Yes lots of people will say we're nuts too, we could buy very expensive dogs and cat for that money! But, unless we find them a better home then ours, we will not leave them behind, esp not the 11yr old Border Collie who has grown up with the kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast