Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA - Covering Letter, what did you...

Default ITA - Covering Letter, what did you...

... waffle on about and how much???

We're putting the final bits together for our ITA... just wondered what is required for the covering letter

Thanks
    Simon

Simon,
    All we put in ours was our application number, contact details and a short explanation as to the contents - we did ours with bullet points.
    Don't forget that they dont like paper clips, plastic wallets or anything like that.
    Good luck

Oops, we didn't even do a cover letter for the work permit application I just sent for my husband. I just thought it was likely to be all pretty self-explanatory and didn't think about it.

Kerri

We did the same sort of thing with bullet points that listed everything that was included, application form, police certificates, relationship evidence, etc. etc. etc. We also did a small paragraph indicating why we want to immigrate to NZ- we figured a bit of personal stuff wouldn't hurt. Plus a little blurb about OH's possible career opportunities (we are submitting with no job offer).

Hi! This is an example I got from another thread, and some tips! Hope it helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    xxxxxxxx,
    xxxxxxxxxx,
    xxxxxxxxxx,
    xxxxxxxxxx,
    Cell - xxxxxxxxx.
    Email – xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx (Immigration officer),
    Immigration New Zealand,
    London Branch,
    New Zealand House,
    80 Haymarket,
    London SW1Y 4TE.

Date – xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE – ITA – (EOI ref – xxxxxxx) APPLICATION FOR RESIDENCE IN NEW ZEALAND UNDER THE SKILLED MIGRANT CATEGORY

I am xxxxxx aged xx, resident of xxxxxxxxx, xxxxxx. It is my desire to pursue an application for permanent residence in New Zealand, under the Skilled Migrant Category particularly as an xxxxxx professional. I am certain that my qualifications as a professional would make me a valuable and worthy candidate for migration in New Zealand.

I have enclosed the required documents in support of the information I had provided on EOI No. xxxxxx and in accordance to the application for residence as outlined in the Application for Residence Guide for the Skilled Migrant Category. These documents are original. Copies of the same have also been provided for your reference apart from copies of Passports.

Included also are additional documents showing proof of:

- xxxxxxx (this is if you are waiting for any documentation to come through).

Should you have other inquiries with my application or there are other documents you require, please feel free to get in touch with me and I shall be more than willing to answer them personally. I sincerely hope that you will give a favourable consideration on my application.

I have made a list of documents enclosed as per below and if you would kindly acknowledge their receipt on a copy of this covering letter as attached.

Documents enclosed –

1. Application form,
    2. Birth Certificate,
    3. Passports (3) (2 expired and 1 current),
    4. Evidence of work experience,
    5. Evidence of Qualifications,
    6. Medical Certificates plus x-ray and
    7. Police Certificates.

Respectfully Yours,

xxxxxxxx
    Enlcs.

.................................................. .............................................
    If there's anything not completely standard in your application, a cover letter is the perfect place to point it out and explain it. (For example, I was mising the required employment history documentation because the companies in question no longer exist - but I did supply invoices, tax receipts and personal affidavits as a substitute.) No need to make your caseworker's work more difficult

Our letter............

Dear *****

Re: Expression of Interest No. ******

Thank you for forwarding the Skilled Migrant – Application for Residence. Please find enclosed the completed application in respect of myself as Principle Applicant and my partner, Mr ******.

The following documents and copies are enclosed in support of this application.

Application Form

 Completed, checked and signed including amendments.

Migrant Levy Form

 Completed and signed.

Passports

Full Birth Certificates

Relationship Evidence – De Facto

 Council Tax Bills dated ******.
     Joint Bank Account Statements dated ******
     Letter from Mrs ****** [Principle Applicants Mother]
     Letter from Ms ****** [Close Friend]
     2 Christmas cards

Offer of Employment

 Letter of confirmation of job offer
     Signed Bond Agreement /Contract
     Employer Supplement Form
     Registered Nurse Position Description

Current Registration with Nursing Council of New Zealand

 Certificate of Registration
     Initial Practising Certificate – Currently awaiting renewal documentation.

Qualification

 Currently registered and practising as a Registered Nurse.
     Evidence of current registration with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council.
     Letter from the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council confirming verification of registration sent to the Nursing Council of New Zealand for Overseas registration.
     Official, stamped letter from the University, confirming course attendance, completion and pass at Diploma Level.

Work Experience/References

 Letter confirming career history
     Appointment letters and contracts
     Individual Performance/Development Review Documents
     Job Description
     Staff Training Report
     Summary of NHS Knowledge & Skills Framework Outline; post outline and core purpose of the job.
     Letter to Registration Manager at NCNZ confirming current position, for registration purposes.
     Recent payslip and P60

Medical and X-Ray Certificates

Police Certificates

I trust that the enclosed documentation is sufficient to support this application. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience. May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to consider our application? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely

A bit lengthy, probably didn't need to identify all the documents individually!

HTH

Sue

Excellent, thanks all for the replies... Sue, that looks spot on to me and will do something similar.

Thanks again

Simon

Same as the above, with bullets indicating what was included.
    I also indicated next to each item whether it was an original or certified copy.

I thought I bump this thread as it was VERY useful for me!

Thank you so much for posting this! Hope it is useful for others.

Very usefull thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast