Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transport of cats to NZ

Default Transport of cats to NZ

Yes I know it's been asked a lot before, but unfortunately the search engine doesn't do three letter words, so searching forcat/dog/pet is hopeless. So here is another one of those posts:

1 Which company did you use to get your cat to NZ?

2 Were you happy with their service?

3 What did it cost?

4 Anything to be aware of?

Thanks so much!

Hi,
    If you try searching cats, pets, dogs etc you should find most threads will come up

We used a company in Colchester, i think they are called Par Air, i will have to check on that. Price was £1200, this included 3 weeks boarding, they done all the necessary checks, and the flight. No complaints whatsoever with them.

Our cat arrived in good health,and he looked a lot better on arrival in to the country than we did

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....highlight=cats

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....hlight=Airpets

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....highlight=cats

We used Airpets who were really great with our two cats. They advised us to have the cats fly out two days later so we would have time to get over the worst of any jetlag.

They cared for them really well and they flew out via LA, (apparently less stopover time for the cats). It cost us £1555.00 to Airpets and then the charges here were $78.65 for MAF fees, $33.75 handling fees for Air NZ.

They made a customised travel cage for the two cats and put mesh between so that they could see each other but still had their own space.

Hi. We used Golden Arrow in Shropshire for our 7 (yes, 7!!) cats. They were fantastic, and more helpful & caring that I could have hoped for - especially since it was the first time away from home for all of them.

It cost around 4,500 for all of them, travelling in 4 boxes (3 boxes with 2 cats in, and 1 solo). The boxes were made to size, and are really sturdy - I have kept them as backup boxes for emergencies.

I can't recommend Golden Arrow highly enough. By the way, you won't find them on the internet, it's phone / fax only!

J

Default 7 moggies flown to NZ

Hi,
    We used Golden Arrow (Shropshire) for our 7 moggies and the cost was less than £4000 (can't remember the exact price but less than 4 grand UK.
    They were excellent and are rated (by lots of people) as the best pet shippers in England. The oldest was 13 and the 2 youngest were 2.5
    All moggies were OK and still are.

Get your cats electronic chip No's registered with a local vet ASAP, before you let them out in the garden.

Get your cats shipped at least 2 days after you leave, Golden Arrow kept ours from the day my wife flew out and shipped them 3 days later, me and "the brat" (he isn't a brat really) took it easy and sailed here .

Don't worry, your cats will be OK, they will weather the flight much better than you will .

Cheers
    G

Looks like the OH is having a quiet day at work as well (see post above mine) .

Cheers
    G

See, she told me it was less than £4000..... just like when she buys shoes !!!

Cheers
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_XR6 View Post
    See, she told me it was less than £4000..... just like when she buys shoes !!!

Cheers
    G
    LOL....it's a girl thang!!

Sue
    xx

Golden Arrow

£1500 for two cats (plus two weeks cattery accomodation while we had a holiday). They arrived looking a little thin, but in perfectly good fettle. They settled in immediately, so they were obviously well-enough kept. This included all vets fees apart from one worming course and the cost of having them chipped (which is compulsory).

The only problem I had with Golden Arrow is that they are yet to join us in the 21st century, having no website or email communications. It's all very well being old-fashioned, but communicating with a business that is 12 hours out of synch is difficult.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast