Thread: Laingholme

Default Laingholm

Hi
    Any one have any feelings about this suburb of the Waitaks? From this side looks inviting !
    Last edited by Charliefarley; 31st October 2008 at 10:29 PM.

It's where we were planning to settle (Laingholm, Titirangi along the coast as far as Green Bay), however OH's job got moved from one depot to another so we had to rethink. We are now over on the east and, as yet, have not made it over to the west to have a look at the area.

It does look good from 'over there' though doesn't it?

Lx

Have stayed near there twice, for five weeks each time. Very nice area - lots of native bush on and around the properties.

I think it's a lovely area, lots of bush and safe swimming beaches nearby (cornwallis is very popular with families as it's sheltered with lots of grass and bbqs available to use etc., gets packed out in the summer though!) and laingholm has quite a community feel I think, and has a good primary school so I've heard (my step sister teaches there!). My parents live in Waima which is about 5 minutes away and I think it's a wonderful place to live

Thanks very much for that info,infact it's the primary school's reputation [and the real estate prices!] that have attracted our attention.

The school has a good reputation (or so I've been told)

Check out their website...made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by tea drinker View Post
    The school has a good reputation (or so I've been told)

Check out their website...made me smile
    Us too - But wasn't too sure if the headmasters hair was his own or a wig! , love his monster feet and waterblaster!

My son and d-i-l have been round it (as grandson is coming up to 5), and say the principal is absolutely great, and the atmosphere in the school is lovely.