Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theme Parks & Rollercoasters...

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    Southsea's Mighty Mouse?
    Indeed that was pretty cold that one
    Spent 3hrs once on Blackpools oldest wild mouse (without getting out the car at all). My ribs was hurting a tad the next day. But we had fun

Rainbows End is much smaller than the likes of Alton Towers, but also the ques are much smaller, so all in all i considered it a better experience than the trip to Alton Towers where i probably only got to ride about 5 different rides. DP bought a t-shirt "i survived rainbows end" it makes me chuckle everytime he wears it, He'd get a shock if i took him to a REAL theme park!

Lee -

I really wish we had visited some of the Six Flags parks in the USA, but we've only done the ones in Orlando & Busch Gardrens. However one of my favourite coasters is a one almost unknown to most people in the UK - - "Megafobia" at Oakwood in South Wales. Not the most extreme, but I love the wonderful 'character' of a real wooden coaster...!!

Cheers!
    Pete.

Ah Megaphobia great done this twice but the best on in the UK is the Ultimate in Rippon! the best I have been on is one just outside Vegas called Desparado! I took me 2 years to go on another one again.
    We went to Garaland whilst in Italy and I must say I was quite impressed but you can not beat the States. We like Lee are a little sad have not joined any clubs but have book and videos and been on a few. When DD is older we shall be off to Ohio to Sandusky but I have yet to investigate Japan as I beleive they are just as mad!

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    Hubby went on the really old one at Luna Park in melbourne last year... he loved it depsite the fact its not really a thrill ride, more a bit of retro!
    I've been on the really old one at Luna Park in Sydney which is great - it's so old and rickety you think it could actually collapse!

Megaphobia is still one of the best wooden coasters designed by CCI, and i have lost count of number rides i had on that (often at 1am with full cups of water, which we did for private event!), although its trumped just by Zeus in France and Balder in Norway...

Have you done the Aussie parks yet Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    Have you done the Aussie parks yet Lee?
    Not yet, cashflow!
    But need to get to the 300 mark at some point (Although Aus hasnt enough for that)

well in the absence of roller coasters you could drive up to mt. hutt on a day when theres snow on the road, very similar adrenaline rush but without the safety net you have on a roller coaster.

I still need to convince Catie that a trip to Universal studios is a good idea....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12