Thread: PR process after MBA in NZ

Default PR process after MBA in NZ

Ok, this could be a real dumb question but I need the assurance from experienced people tp confirm I am on the right track.

If I pursue my MBA in AUT, Auckland or for that matter any of the Masters degrees listed for migrant points, I would never have to bother assessing my qualifications with NZQA. Is this assumption correct?

I ask this because currently, though I am an Engineer in Electronics, I have only worked for 5 years in IT.

This may cause issues whilst applying for PR. However, once I complete my MBA and secure a job, is the PR application process quite straightforward?

I think I would, at that point, only need to get my police clearance certificates and the rest is a guarantee.

Points I will then get,

Age - 29
    Job Offer in Hand
    MBA in NZ - Also meets English requirements
    Work Experience prior to MBA - 5 years as IT Consultant

These would get me well clear of the threshold point. If I get my character certs and health checks then that should be it, right?

Am I correct? Or am I missing out on any other requirement or process here?

This way I could apply for PR and not go down the Work Permit route and be a free man.

Thanks

Ken

I think certain bonus points require such that you spend at least 2-YEARs in NZ doing FULL TIME study. I don't remember which, check it out from immigration NZ web site.

Yes, I believe NZQA assessment is not necessary for an NZ University degree. Make sure the University is a recognized one and not from an unknown University shop in a backstreet :-p