Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 55KNZ$ in Auckland . Will it sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by CityBlue View Post
    Can I do this from may 2007?? or is there a limit on how far back you can go?

Would love to know

Thanks
    The rules were backdated to 2002 so if you paid tax on your relocation expenses after then you should be able to claim a refund.

The IRD should be able to tell you what you need to do but, if not, then give me a shout and I'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by James 1077 View Post
    The rules were backdated to 2002 so if you paid tax on your relocation expenses after then you should be able to claim a refund.

The IRD should be able to tell you what you need to do but, if not, then give me a shout and I'll find out.
    Thanks.

I will look into it myself - money back is a great motivator isnt it!!

Thanks for the offer of help too - I will let you know if I need it

EOI Submitted today

next selection pool is on 19th nov. Let us hope to be selected in this pool.

Will it possible as one day before the selection i submitted this?

Hi
    To be honest,unless you bring a lot of capital and can have a very small mortgage, a family cannot live on 55k. I'm earning 50k and over half of that goes on rent. I would say you would struggle to spend less than $200 a week on food, and at least $50 a week on electricity, so thats all your salary gone.
    You might be able to get Working for Families Tax Credits, but not if you are claiming temporary tax exemption or have not got residence.
    All I would advise is be prepared for the stress of having no money and be realistic, the cost of living is not cheap here.
    Most Kiwi families seem to need both parents to work. I would say a family needs at lest 70k to get by if you have rent or a mortgage.
    Hope that helps - I know its not what you want to here, but its better to be prepared. I never realised how depressing it would be to work for such low wages that you can't even afford the basics, which is how it feels to me. If my OH can't get a job, we will have to go back to the UK or we will run out of savings.
    Good luck, Eve

Hi, Eve

you are right and as I am going to re negociate the salary with the employer in next few days. Hope they revise it otherwise I have to bring lot of NZ$ to survive.

Negociated and after 3 months salary will be 65KNZ$. Hope this will workable and rest is upto performance and time.................
    But apart of this 20KNZ (without TAX) is to help for immigartion and settelment.

That sound better. Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by kerrijeansmith View Post
    We won't be travelling back until I've finished my degree. My parents travel to NZ at least twice a year, and I have close family there. We'll be okay. Our moving costs are basically our flights and that's about it. We'll buy a used van and live in a cheaper area (we're looking at Palmerston/Masterton area, so yeah - not Auckland) so our rent will be about $1200 a month plus utilities and other bills. We're going to be poor students. That's okay. The kids know we'll be camping on the floor until we find furniture. It's all part of the experience.

Kerri
    This is how I grew up. We were incredibly poor because my Dad was an illegal alien in the US for nearly 8 years before he straightened out his green card status and during that time he could only work day labor jobs. Clothing shopping was from Goodwill/Salvation Army, furniture was from handmedowns, often times food was from a massive pot of vegetable soup we would eat off for 5-10 days. My bed for the first 3 years in the US was a sleeping bag on two old sofa cushions and there was no television. I didn't even know what "cable" was until I was nearly 11.

Because of that I now know I can live through anything. When people say, "Well what if you don't make it, or it doesn't work out?" I simply say things always work out, just sometimes not as you would have liked them to.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345