Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanne's House and Land package diary

Beat me to it Moorf

To put it into perspective for you Sarah Jane, where we are going has a dairy and thats about it . We are only about a minute away from Leeston which has everything we need. Hence the price

Joanne

Heard from the mortgage broker today and .....

FINANCE APPROVED

Mega happy today esp as we are on such a low wage. Going to the solicitors on Thurs for more paperwork, I'll keep you all updated

You're on your way

Moorf

One thing I wanted to say is to keep size in perspective. Here in sunny Poole our plot is 380 m2, and ours is not considered a small garden. Admittedly it is a house and not a bungalow but even so...

I'm getting excited at the prospect of a bigger plot in NZ, but am trying to remember what we are coming from.

Mark. :P

Default Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your story! I think it might be a good alternative if building our own home turns out to be too much stress! It's a nice house!

Congratulations!

Karoline

Just a quick update

Had a call from the solicitors today as the bank has valued the property etc for the mortgage, make sure it is worth it etc I guess. Our contract with MH was subject to this.

Well it has valued it at $205 000 , so profit made already and we haven't even started building yet

Things are looking up

Joanne

WOW how good is that!!

Best of luck

Jan xx

Excellent!

Went into MH to pay deposit today of $9750, while we were chatting to Michelle (the lady we have been dealing with) she was telling us about the plot next to us.
    Well that was up for $78 000 aswell, but the buyers have pulled out of the sale, and MH are putting it back on the market for $85 000 :P :P :P

They must have realised the plots were underpriced when our valuation came back

Also the boss at MH used to work for an estate agency here and he said he can legally get us out of our FIXED contract we have here, they want to start building asap. OOOOOOOOOOh getting excited now just keeping fingers crossed

Next step will be picking our colours for carpets etc etc

Also must add how great michelle has been (and NO I am not on any commision :P )
    She is doing everything possible to save us money.
    We were asking her about how much extra it would cost to get a garage put on. She said go to "another garage" place and get them to do it because MH adds on 20% charges, and said the same in regards to heating.
    I just love that she knows our budget and advising us everyway possible how to save money............never really had much experience with that, people have usually tried to convince me to stretch the budget :?

Joanne

re. your 'small' plot

i can hear hub saying ' i could put 2,500 flats on that' now...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast