Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon

Default Amazon

Hi,

Can anyone advise me if they have ordered things from Amazon and got them delivered to New zealand, and how long did it take to get the things delivered?

Thanks (panicing about xmas)
    Hels

Quote Originally Posted by Helsandfamily View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone advise me if they have ordered things from Amazon and got them delivered to New zealand, and how long did it take to get the things delivered?

Thanks (panicing about xmas)
    Hels
    Which Amazon?

Only used the U.S. one and that took a while to be delivered, but they did refund the delivery charges due to the delay.

You will also need to check if they will deliver the item because a lot of what they sell, they won't ship internationally.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

I was thinking Amazon UK. I was under the impression that they did deliver internationally, But I could be wrong. It would be mainly toys and books that we would want delivering.

Hels

Quote Originally Posted by Helsandfamily View Post
    Thanks Ian,

I was thinking Amazon UK. I was under the impression that they did deliver internationally, But I could be wrong. It would be mainly toys and books that we would want delivering.

Hels
    I'm, sure that you will be fine with books, not so sure about toys but no doubt it will be fine.

If you are looking for these items, then I would suggest that you also check out Amazon.com as delivery and exchange rate may sometimes work in your favour. Certainly I would price up both sites and use the one that gives you the biggest savings (don't forget the customs charges if you order too much at once).

Ian

Yes i have.........i ordered DVDs, CDs and books last year from Amazon UK and got them delivered to NZ. They arrived in a week and we only ordered them after we got back from our reccie on the 3 December 2008. Hope this helps.

We have done it too, and it took under 10 days for the stuff to get here. Like Ian said though, some things can't be shipped due to regulations, but in our experience thats only been computer games/software, but it tells you that when you select international delivery, you get a helpful "no, we cant deliver that internationally" message!

Thanks for the helpful replies. Off To put the credit card on ice

Amazon, do they charge VAT on exports to NZ? not so relevant on books I know as they are VAT free. But CDs, electricals etc. you're liable to get hammered with the import duties in NZ.

They don't ship electricals, chocolate cake. My book club often orders from Amazon and sometimes deliveries can take as much as 6 weeks. It just seems to vary. It's worth the wait though, 'cos books here are so dear. It often works that a book @ $39.99 here can be ordered from Amazon, and even by the time you add on shipping, it translates into $20-23 per book.

Gil

We were trying to order a whole load of power rangers toys for delivery to here and the UK but Amazon won't deliver them overeseas again cos of toy safety regulations being different So I wouldn't assume all toys could be delivered unfortunately

Karenx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast