Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police check/certificates

Default Police check/certificates

I think I have read before that police certificates last for 6 months, so I thought that I'd get ahead of the game and apply for ours now, however on the Sussex Police site it says they last for 3 months, do different forces have different time limits or has it changed recently? Thanks

What Sussex Police has absolutely zero influence on how long NZIS let police certs be valid for.

NZIS = 6 months.

For a UK police certificate go to www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp and download an application form. They are valid for 6 months for immigration purposes.

Thanks for the replies, I love that NZ immigration do what they like! I'm going to be positive and apply for ours then. Got to get started on something!

Ace

M-Squared,

Thanks for clearing that up because here in the US, the FBI website says they are good for 3 months. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainep View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I love that NZ immigration do what they like! I'm going to be positive and apply for ours then. Got to get started on something!
    Just in case you don't know, the old subject access forms that you used to get e.g. from the Sussex police are no longer accepted by NZIS.

You must now get the acpo police certificate (link posted above by rosie) instead which has been created for immigration purposes.

Ian

Just to let you know that my police cert arrived today, so thanks for all the advice. I'd sent the application to them on 22nd December, so accounting for all the bank hols and weekends, the service was pretty good (I'd paid for the 2 day service). Also I'd had to call them to confirm what kind of proof of address they would accept as we do all of our banking and bill paying on line, so no bills/statements. They were pretty flexible, basically anything that shows your name and address will do, as long as it's less than 6 months old. I sent the cover letter from my current employer that came with my contract of employmnet and the car tax renewal form. Husband's about to get his application sent off now (going for the 10 day service for that one, as we have a bit of a breather now, as not going for the medicals until 5th Jan).

Go by NZIS with the 6 months... We got ours in the beginning of May 08 and we had to redo them because we didn't get our ITA until mid-November 08..

I submitted subject access to NZIS beijing on November 22nd, does it mean I will have to get acpo again? Until end of November NZIS did not mention anything like this. Advise plz.

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Just in case you don't know, the old subject access forms that you used to get e.g. from the Sussex police are no longer accepted by NZIS.

You must now get the acpo police certificate (link posted above by rosie) instead which has been created for immigration purposes.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast