Thread: Christmas presents

Default Christmas presents

Hi,
    Will there be a problem bringing wrapped christmas presents in my luggage or should I take them out of their boxes and wrap them in NZ. ?

It's going through the x-ray machine, I doubt a little bit of wrapping paper will make a difference But just in case you could leave unwrapped. Sometimes they want to have a look at things with batteries in, so those I would definitely leave unwrapped

Don't worry because our families always brought presents for my children and never had any single problem! They brought all sort including sweets & chocolate!
    Only 1 problem at x-ray arise with our families' arrivals was my SIL got a soap in her washbag failed x-ray, think it was made by honey? , so MAF had to bin it

I once came into NZ with a whole lot of wrapped presents in my luggage for the new baby who was about to arrive. All they asked me at security was if I'd wrapped them myself, and if anyone else could have interfered with them after that, and once I'd said 'yes' and 'no' they sent me straight through.

My eldest 2 children had wheeled hand luggage full of wrapped items (to keep them amused on the flight) - it went through the x-ray and wasn't checked again.

Lx

That reminds me I have some soap from Marseille that we bought in the south of France in the summer will I be able to pack that with my household goods or is soap a no no or should I say non non ! Forgot to say it is olive, lavender and lemon.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenchilli View Post
    That reminds me I have some soap from Marseille that we bought in the south of France in the summer will I be able to pack that with my household goods or is soap a no no or should I say non non ! Forgot to say it is olive, lavender and lemon.
    Thanks
    I don't know why my SIL's soap failed, but Honey is no-no coming into NZ anyway as food, so maybe as well as honey soap and beewax is in same group etc.
    Don't bring anything to do with honey or beewax...if you are worry about losing your favourite soaps, I would put in the household goods for now and get simple one for coming to NZ, HTH?