Thread: office wear - ladies

Default office wear - ladies

hi guys

bit of a girly question - where would you get office clothes for ladies in NZ? my current work has a very relaxed dress code, which means i have nothing that's really suitable to wear in an office environment. i'm planning on looking for assistant accountant/auditor work in NZ, and i think that i would probably need something a bit more professional than my current wardrobe.

any suggestions?

I have a nice black trouser/skirt suit from M&S up for sale size UK12

Highly recommend Country Road - they have lovely work wear as does Cue, Veronika Maine, David Lawrence and Max.

Shoes? Has to be Mi Piaci - they OWN my credit card!!!

ooooh both country road & max has a beautiful selection!!! did you see that watercolor dress that max have on their website???

thanks for the suggestions, i'll head on over there...

Quote Originally Posted by hball View Post
    Highly recommend Country Road - they have lovely work wear as does Cue, Veronika Maine, David Lawrence and Max.

Do you have web addresses for these - or are they easy enough to find by googling?

Esaily googled, all of them. Personally I would add Jacqui E as a slighlty cheaper option. I seem to find heaps of stuff there

For a good all-round idea of style/trends in clothing check out this site:
    http://www.newmarket.net.nz/18/direc...ting/37/page/0

I personally wouldn't splash out too much on work clothes until you find out the dress code in the particular office you end up working in. I work for a small firm of accountants and it is pretty casual, nothing like the smart suit type of clothes I would wear in a similar set up in the UK. Depends on for whom and where you end up working.

thanks for the advice - i'll have a look at Jacqui E & all the links in a second also thanks zorbster, i was actually planning on only buying stuff once i've got a job offer & will take my cue from what the people at the interview are wearing...
    it's nice to have a look at what's going on fashion wise, even tho i'm not too much of a fashion girl