Thread: Wooden rolling pin ...

Default Wooden rolling pin ...

Can I take?

Thanks, Carole

i hope so cos i have had mine for 30 years.

Mine was about £1 from Ikea!

I did

The only problem would be if it had bark on the outside and was sprouting branches and leaves....

May be worth declaring it to MAFF but I wouldn't bother, get it in a box labelled "kitchen ware" and leave it at that.

I did declare quite a lot of wooden items like 300+ arrows (me being a field archer) made from Port Orford Cedar and fletched with real feathers... another no-no for importing!!!! But there was no problem with any of it. However, there might have been a big problem if I hadn't declared it and they had "found" it all.

All the declared stuff was loaded last, at the front of the 40-foot container next to the doors and yes, they opened every box that was declared but it all got through with out a problem.

They will also open any boxes labelled "Christmas Decorations" looking for Holly branches, pinecones, old pine needles and other arboreal paraphernalia associated with Christmas….. which I might add, is going to take some getting used to being as it is less than a month off and I am walking round in shorts, t-shirt and sunglasses... and it's getting hotter by the day!!!

Cheers
    G

I brought mine, it just went in with the kitchenware along with some wooden salad bowls, I didn't even think to declare it

nor me, i was more worried about wicker hey if I declared everything wooden every box would have to be opened!

Thanks everyone, I thought it would be ok - I'm now at the OMG stage, which means everything is a panic, worry or stress! Much better than being at the nothing happening stage though!

Just take it, no probs there, good luck with the impending move......