Thread: Do they sell OxiClean in NZ?

Default Do they sell OxiClean in NZ?

Oxiclean powder is sold in U.S. (used as a laundry additive or for individual spot removal) and is the best thing to get out stains. They did not sell it in Europe when we were living there (they had something that had a similar name that did not work well). Does anyone know if its available in NZ? If not-I will be sure to stock up and bring some down! I have a million things to do to get ready for our move in January- I barely know where to start- and here I am worrying about such a small, mundane thing! Thanks!

I got Vanish Napisan "oxyaction" stain remover as one of best brand in stain remover I have found so far..is that any help? there is another simliar product but I found it rubbish!

Yeah I am liking Napisan.
    I was going to use my cheaper US method of hydrogen peroxide soaks but H2O2 is pretty expensive here so I just bought some Napisan. Works great.

I think Napisan are going to change their name. I believe they are going to be 'Vanish' same as in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gar1 View Post
    I think Napisan are going to change their name. I believe they are going to be 'Vanish' same as in the UK.
    *scratching head*

I got Vanish Napisan "oxyaction" stain remover as one of best brand in stain remover I have found so far..is that any help? there is another simliar product but I found it rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by seattle View Post
    . . . I barely know where to start- and here I am worrying about such a small, mundane thing! Thanks!
    Those small mundane things are what you notice when you get to NZ, too, and are casting about for something familiar . . . an extra box or two of your favorite stain remover will be nice to have in the early days of settling. I wandered from store to store looking for Woolite or an equivalent when I first arrived . . . feeling aggrieved at the lack of a good substitute (I'm particular about hand-washed laundry). Eventually you get used to what's available, but for some of us it takes awhile . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SarahEDH View Post
    Those small mundane things are what you notice when you get to NZ, too, and are casting about for something familiar . . . an extra box or two of your favorite stain remover will be nice to have in the early days of settling. I wandered from store to store looking for Woolite or an equivalent when I first arrived . . . feeling aggrieved at the lack of a good substitute (I'm particular about hand-washed laundry). Eventually you get used to what's available, but for some of us it takes awhile . . .
    Yep you are absolutely right! OH is reminding me not to "hoard" things (I would call it "stocking up") Anyway- can't hurt to bring some extras - thanks everyone for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa View Post
    *scratching head*

It used to be Napisan, then Vanish Napisan, I believe that its going to be just simply Vanish.

I've used Sard soap in the form of a soap bar. I'm not sure if it comes in another form. But it works well on almost any stain. The only problem I've found is with red type stains, you have to soak it a bit longer and rub it.