Thread: Source for Goop or Shoe Goo?

Default Source for Goop or Shoe Goo?

Back in America they have this wonderful glue called "Goop" that's sold under a number of names - Plumbing Goop, Household Goop, Craft Goop, Sports Goop, Automotive Goop, etc. All are the same thing just with different color labels. I'm told it's also the same stuff that's in Shoe Goo II. It's a flexible glue that sticks to ANYTHING and stays stuck and flexible. Internet searches told me the only way to find this in NZ was to go to shoe repair shops and ask for Shoe Goo, but the ones I tried had none. One guy thought it was about to be outlawed because kids were sniffing it to get high.

Any ideas on where I might find some? I've tried a few different glues from the hardware store but none compare.

Success! Apparently they do sell it in Australia but it's called E-6000. Some specialty craft stores carry it here, as does a retailer on trademe. It's expensive at $20 per tube but worth it.

Thanks, Brian.

Hmmm, I had no idea E-6000 was the same as shoe goo....I have both, the shoe goo from a drug store and E-6000 from craft store. Good to know how it's available in NZ, I don't think I would have thought to ask before moving

Dunno if it's EXACTLY the same, but it's definitely based on the same stuff. Same manufacturer, same 3.7oz tube, same color and consistency. Plus, I just fixed some shoes with it last night and they seem to be holding together well

cheapskates, the skateboarding store in wellington carries it. I use it fix climbing shoes. great stuff.

Saw some in Number 1 Shoes - was wondering at the time whether it would be any good for repairing an inflatable bed (got a spare repair kit in the end free from a camping shop).